cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WelcomeApplication error: WDRuntimeException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi *,

as I am pretty new to WebDynPro I am very happy to have come across all those nice turorials in SDN.

Actually I am struggeling getting my first tutorial "Creating your First Web Dynpro Application.pdf" to work.

I followed the tutorial in detail and at least was happy to deploy the app as described. But when I enter a value into the inputfield an click "Go" to submit the form the included error message appears.

As the error message states that one of the plugs are missing I walked through the tutorial to check the configuration twice - looked good so far.

I am very happy for any hint pointing out how I can debug/fix the app so I can carry on my 'studying'.

Best regards

Cameron

<------- SNIP -

>

Error stacktrace:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Cannot navigate via outbound plug ToResultView of view StartView because there is no navigational link attached to it

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.View.navigate(View.java:324)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.View.navigate(View.java:267)

at com.sap.examples.welcome.wdp.InternalStartView.wdFirePlugToResultView(InternalStartView.java:375)

at com.sap.examples.welcome.StartView.onActionGo(StartView.java:152)

<------- SNAP -

>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_chadzelek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cameron,

the error message tries to tell you that it is not the plug itself that is missing, but the navigational link attached to that plug.

Your view "StartView" has an outbound plug "ToResultView" which needs a navigational link to your view "ResultView". You can create that link with a right click on the outbound plug (in the window tree of your component).

I like the following comparison: if views are rooms you create with a certain content, then plugs are the doors (leading in and out of rooms). If you create a room it is convenient only to think about the doors, not what is behind them. This keeps your coding "local" (ok, the metaphor ends here). Navigational links are somewhat like the corridors that link the doors. And the Web Dynpro architecture allows one person to create the rooms and another person to later modify the interconnections.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worked!

THX

Cameron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create a link between from the outbound plug of a view to the inbound of the other one?

You can do this by double clicking on Your Window (under Web Dynpro Components -> Your Component -> Windows -> Your Window) and drawing a line from one plug to the other.

Hope this helps,

Dov