Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are the programme variables stored in database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I just want to write a small code which accepts a program and finds the subroutines / forms in it and it appends the changing and using parameters if they are not used in the form endform. So I need to collect all the variables that are used in that form endform. Where can i get those variables in db??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the report source code is stored in a table called REPOSRC in raw format.

YOu cannot get it using selects.

YOu can use the statement

*READ REPORT <Report name> into itab*

to read the source code into an internal table.

Later you can use the "Contains Pattern" operator to get the statements that you need.

Regards,

Ravi

5 REPLIES 5

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the report source code is stored in a table called REPOSRC in raw format.

YOu cannot get it using selects.

YOu can use the statement

*READ REPORT <Report name> into itab*

to read the source code into an internal table.

Later you can use the "Contains Pattern" operator to get the statements that you need.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thnx for ur replies, i used the same ' read from reposrc'. but in se80, the object window contains some folders in treee structure, one of those is 'fields' folder which contains all the variables so declared.

I need to know which table in dbase consists of this information, its not about the source code.

I am writing a handy programme by using those variables. thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi sai,

I dont think any of them will be stored in the database table since they will be occupied memory while running the program. Once you get the program code by using the code SCAN / READ statements then again you need to write the code to filter the variables like... what ever the variables are starting with DATA statement / CONSTANTS ...etc.

Thanks

Satyasuresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use :

Read Report <Name> Into Itab.

SCAN ABAP-Source Code Statement

[Reference to Scan Abap-Source Code|http://help.sap.com/abapdocu/en/ABAPSCAN.htm]

Regards,

Gurpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx for ur replies, i used the same ' read from reposrc'. but in se80, the object window contains some folders in treee structure, one of those is 'fields' folder which contains all the variables so declared.

I need to know which table in dbase consists of this information, its not about the source code. thank you.