cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Actual & Planned Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to create a query which is built on a MultiProvider. This m/p looks at 2 Infocubes for it's data - one i/c containing actual data the other containing planned data.

The query I need to create should have account numbers in the rows, but the more complicated requirement relates to the columns.

In the columns I need to display the periods of the year. Within each period, I need to display the credit & debit posting values.

The above can be created easily enough, but the issue I have is how to display the actual data for the periods that have actual data and then just display the planned data for the remaining periods.

The problem relates to the Planned data InfoCube as this contains "old" planned data for periods where we now have Actual values.

Can anyone suggest anyway of doing this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for any confusion in my original post.

The user will specify the year they want displaying on the report.

The problem relates to the values in the credit and debit key figures on the report. For example, if we run the report for 2007 (i.e. we have all the actual data for that year so there is no need for the planned data), the report should just display the actual data, broken down by period in the report for the two KF's.

However, because the Planned Cube still contains values for 2007, the actual and planned values are being added together on the report for each period!

I need to find a way of working out when the actual data should be displayed on the report and when the planned data should be displayed.

The Planned Data should only be displayed for any periods in the future.

I hope this makes it clearer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Dont you have any characteristics to differentiate the planning numbers from last month any current month. Say, how do you differentiate the plan numbers April, planned in Feb & Mar?

Anyways, the solution I can think of is to create the Actuals as selection in the Key Figure structure and restrict the period by the 1st of Jan, (Entered Year by User) to Either Current Date or if year entered is last year then 31st Dec, (Enetered Year by user).

Say, user enters 2007, in that case Actuals will be restricted by 001/2007 to 012/2007. If user enters 2009, in that case restrict the period by 001/2009 to 003/2009. For the same cases, Plan can be restricted by 001/1000 to 001/1000 if 2007 is entered (any previous year) or if current year is entered, restrict by current period (004/2009) to end of the year (012/2009).

I know this customer exit will be tricky, but that will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Danny.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

We do use 0VTYPE (Value Type for Reporting) to distinguish between the actuals and forecast values but I couldn't work out a way of just displaying an actual value or a planned value dependent upon the year / date / period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant to ask the differentiator of plan versions. Meaning, how would you differentiate the planned numbers for April, which were planned during February and March.

Say for Material A, in February sale for Apr was planned as 100 units and for same material, in March sale for Apr was planned as 150 units. How would keep track of which unit corrosponds to which planning month?

But that is not important. Have you given a thought of working on my solution? If yon can create this customer exit, you can solve your issue. Please also let me know the structure of your query. Meaning in Columns what kind of structure do you have? That would help me understand the issue in more better way.

- Danny

emjay
Active Participant
0 Kudos

create restricted keyfigures which go to actual cube and plan cube separately and then do a formula

if actual is not initial use actual else plan

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

Does anyone have any idea what the coding would be for the customer exit?

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark ,

Not unsderstaning the problem exactly,

You have actual values only for some periods, You just want to disply the values only for period(Not all the periods)

But

The plan values are available for all the periods.

You want to display this side by side???

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the user entry for this report?

Based on user entry you can design the query or do you need to identify which periodds have actuals and which have planned without any indication from the user entry and display the data?