cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture runtime errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to capture runtime errors.

In my application, i am capturing a lot of error like conversion errors due to some data that is not maintained in custom tables or some errors that i am raising from RFCs if any required data is missing an show it up in a web dynpro application(which monitors the payments status).

But there are a few errors like "RFC cannot perform look up" are run time exceptions. These can only be found out after checking SXMB_MONI.

How can these be captured. Beacuse when such errors are encountered, the entire mapping fails.

Is there a way to do this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the alerts which you want to raise can be captured using the normal alert configuration....check this blog by michal...it dicusessalert raising when a mapping fails...check it out...

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Maybe using a BPM will provide you with the option of taking some value from the payload but the main Q is how feasible it would be to design a BPM just to send an alert...also at how many instances will you create a BPM....may be i am wrong here....

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

It depends on how your interpret the questioner's intention.

What i feel is that the questioner actually wanted more than just an intimation.

"Capture runtime errors" sounded like "Catching exceptions" to me..

may be it was an overkill to go for a BPM, may be not..:)

@Deepika, sorry for Hijacking your thread...:)

Regards,

Ravi

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Vineetha is right.

Put a block step in your BPM.

Include transformation step in the block step.

This tranformation step will have your message mapping.

IN the exception branch of the block step, you can trigger an alert using a Control step.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i could not find the reference of BPM in the Q....the alert handling is for general case i suppose..

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I should have been more claer.

Currently, there might be no BPM.I am suggesting her/him to use BPM to trigger alerts.

This way, you can have more control over the messages that the alert has, than a generic alrt.

The alrt triggered from a BPM control step can have values from the payload also.

A generic alert on the other hand can only say, a mappiing error has occured in so and so interface/message combination.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the Alert Configuration - XI Alerts through ALRTCATDEF and Alerts in ccBPM.. I hope that wil help you in resolving the issue. The docs are very well available in SDN and help.sap.com

Thanks,

Regards,

Vineetha.