cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Replacement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thr,

Transitioning from one material to another. Is there a way to use SAP to control the run-out of one material before switching to the new replacement material.

Example - I have material which I have 108 mu of stock for. This is a locally manufactured product which we are going to replace with a cheaper imported product which we also have stock of - but we want to run out the old one first.

Is there some way we can control this using SAP?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

You can use any one of the below.

Reason for substitution 0005: Manual production selection (list of default values) .

Reason for substitution 0004 / 0006: Automatic product selection (depending on availability in order and delivery) In manual production selection, (reason for substitution 0005), the system does not automatically replace the product. Instead, it displays a list of all of the substitution materials and other information in the master record. You can then select the required material from this list. To simplify selection, the system displays the material quantities that can be confirmed on the customer's requested delivery date. If a material cannot be confirmed fully for the requested delivery date, the system displays the date on which the material can be completely delivered.

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done....

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is done by material deteremination, but my question is which substitution reason will ensure that the old qty is used up before the system starts substituting the old one with the new material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the older material stock gets completed, to swith to the latest material, you can use material determination.

Therefore even though customer orders older material number, once we enter material number in to the sales order it gets converted to latest material number.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala