Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 : delivery proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Is there a way to force partial delivery in BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 ?

By default "complete delivery" is choosen 😕

I read somewhere that people fixed the issue using transaction <b>OVZJ</b> but in my case, this solution is <u>not satisfactory</u> because if I change this customizing, it changes the working order of the transaction VA01 (sales order creation).

If found a dedicated flag (<b>PART_DLV</b>) in ITEMS_IN table but I was not able to make it work...

Thanks for your help !

bye,

oli

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you marking "PART_DLV" in ORDER_ITEMS_INX with an "X" as well?

This is required to apply the change.

0 Kudos

Yes, ORDER_ITEMS_INX-PART_DLV is set to 'X'.

I found information on available values for PART_DLV (in fact, domain KZTLF) :

<i>empty</i> = Partial delivery allowed
A = Create a delivery with qty greater than zero
B = Create only one delivery (also with quantity = 0)
C = Only complete delivery allowed
D = No limit to subsequent deliveries

In my case, I should use 'empty' but it does not work.

0 Kudos

Oli,

Verify that your selected Order Type permits partial deliveries.

0 Kudos

<b>@Srinivas Adavi</b> : in fact in VA01, a popup allows to choose delivey method (full, partial or just available qty).

As in RFC, there are no ways to handle popups, I suppose there is a way to bypass the popup and choose delivery method via a code ?

OVZJ is not the good way because I can not impact VA01 in order to make the BAPI work (VA01 is a very critical transaction here )

<b>@John Jakabcsin</b> : It tried with an order type which works in VA01 but it does not work with the bapi

0 Kudos

Apart from the order type, your customer should also allow partial deliveries. Check if you can create an order with partial delivery for the same customer using VA01.

0 Kudos

<b>@Srinivas Adavi</b> : I am able to create partial delivery on my customer using VA01. I just have problem with the bapi...

0 Kudos

If everything is same, then it should work unless you are missing some values. There will be certain values that will default if you are working online. But the same values should be explicitly passed to the BAPI. Antoher thing to look at is user exits. Depending how the user exits are coded, sometimes, they may have an impact.

Assuming you are using the same customer, same order type, same sales area, same products, I don't see why the BAPI would not allow it.

Also, did you check if VA01 allows having partial delivery on one item and complete delivery on another? I think the customer master should allow the entire document to be partially deliverable.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

As in VA01 delivery dates/quantities are proposed, I wondering if I have to fill these information somewhere in the BAPI ? I was supposing that BAPI was able to find delivery dates/quantities itself ?

Do you think I have to fill these information ? If yes, where ?

thx !

0 Kudos

Dear Oli,

I have exactly the same problem... 4 years after your message...

Do you remember in which way do you solve this issue???

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Edited by: Fabrizio Di Bitonto on May 14, 2010 9:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it cannot be achieved in VA01, then it cannot be forced using the BAPI. Remember, BAPI goes through the same config settings and user exits as the online transaction will go through. So if your order type does not allow partial delivery online, then it will not allow through BAPI either. But if config does allow it, then look at the John's suggestion.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<message deleted>

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to give the solution to all reader in the future. I finally find a solution.

I wrote an OSS message to SAP and they aswer me in this way:

"Dear Customer,

In a BAPI, the ATP check is performed in the background.

Since the system is performing the availability check

in background, the availability screen cannot be performed.

So it is not able to make decisions regarding full

delivery, delivery proposal...In this case,the system uses

the configuration found in OVZJ. If your availability checking

rule in OVZJ is blank, the system will choose full delivery.

Sorry, but I can not give you a better solution to customizing in

OVZJ, if you whish a partial delivery."

In that transaction in customizing I insert the value "E" and the partial delivery is created from VA01 and from bapi too.