Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

cannot read data via javascript / data node is empty

Hi,

i try to create a print form with Adobe Forms. The job is nearly done, but now i have to do following:

Depending on some data (which is not bound via data binding) i'd like to do some formatting (background color, font ...).

For this purpose i have inserted a javascript to the initialize-event:

this.rawValue = xfa.resolveNode("xfa.datasets.data.MY_FIELD").value;

But i get no data. The MY_FIELD node is not found.

After trying resolveNode with various paths, i tried

this.rawValue = xfa.resolveNode("xfa.datasets.data").saveXML();

Result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xfa:data xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/" xfa:dataNode="dataGroup" />

The data node is empty. But why???

Data binding works. The data is passed to the form completely. I just cannot read it via script.

I don't want to use data binding with invisible fields and then read the field values, because i need this also in a table. Using invisible fields in table is not a good idea, because you cannot make table cells invisible without getting "holes" in your table

Any help appreciated!

Peter Herweg

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

solution in Javascript

if you want to access the value of a field you can use two (perhps more?) ways.

Via the DATA node --> var myVar = xfa.resolveNode("xfa.record.MY_FIELD").rawValue or .value, depends on your type

Via the hierarchy node -->

var myVar = xfa.resolveNode("data.Page1.subform1.MY_FIELD").rawValue

But you can try this: if your cursor is positioned in the script editor for example after "var myVar = " hold the control (="Strg"?) button on your panel an go with the cursor to the relevant field --> a "V" will appear --> now do a left mouse click and the correct SOM expression will be copied to your script. You will just have to add "rawValue" or "Value"

for tables it's a little bit different...

tell me if it worked, please

br

norbert

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question