cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update flag in Purchase order creation/change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any way I can find out in ME21n if a PO is getting created or changed (something like UPDKZ in Sales order creation)? I basically want to execute some code only when PO creation.

Thanks

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

There are number of ways you can find if PO has been changed or not.

<u><b>Method-1).</b></u> You can check in ME22n. Once you create a PO using ME21N, go to ME22N to see the PO again

( ME22n doesn't always means that you are changing PO ).

In ME22n open PO

<u>a.</u> select menu option: <b>Environment --> Header Changes</b> to find header level change.

<u>b.</u> select menu option: <b>Environment --> Item Changes</b> to find iteam level change.

You have to select corresponding line and then select the given menu option for changes on that line.

<u><b>Method-2).</b></u> Check table entries CDHDR and CDPOS.

<u>a.</u> Go to Se11 --> Table name CDHDR

<b>OBJECTCLAS</b> = "EINKBELEG"
<b>OBJECTID</b>   = "(PO Number)" and display records.

Neglect all records where CHANGE_IND field is 'I'. This is the record of when the PO is created. If there is any other

record when you neglect the one with 'I' indicator,then PO has been change.

For example, you have found two records.

<b>

OBJECTCLAS   OBJECTID   CHANGENR USERNAME UDATE      UTIME    TCODE PLANCHNGNR ACT_CHNGNO WAS_PLANND CHANGE_IND                                                                                </b> 
"EINKBELEG    4500000752 2252739  XCLAREP  03/30/2006 14:25:11 ME21N                                  I"
"EINKBELEG    4500000752 2252740  XMICHEAL 03/30/2006 14:25:17 ME22N                                  U"

Here the first record is for PO creation (CHANGE_IND = 'I' ). if you neglect it, you still have one more record with

CHANGE_IND = 'U', which indicates PO change.

Take the change docuement number (CHANGENR) from second record. Go to table CDPOS and display

record for the change document number you got from CDHDR and see what are the changes made to PO.

<u><b>Method-3).</b></u> Use <b>FM CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ_HEADERS</b> and <b>CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ_POSITIONS</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one for answering my question. Some of the answers are usefull.

Could anyone pls clarify, if there are any user exits in PO creation with has the flag which is called after the PO is saved in the database?

thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let us know why you want a user exit after the PO is committed to the database. Most of these values are available only during normal runtime and if you are looking at some user exits after PO is saved(which I doubt, if there are any), these values may not be there.

What is your requirement?

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

UPDKZ = 'U' updated and UPDKZ = 'D' deleted.

Regards

vijay

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

There is flag <b>I_AKTYP</b> which is used in ME21N/ME22N/ME23N to determine Create, Change, or Display activity.

Please check user exits <b>EXIT_SAPMM06E_016</b> for example.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CHeck for sy-tcode.

If it is me21n then your are in create mode.

if it is me22n then you are in change mode.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In most user exits, you have access to a field called T180-TRTYP. If this value is 'H', it is create mode.