cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL SEARCH HELP IN WEB DYNPRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Description :

My web dynpro contains some buttons and allow some interaction...

One of the buttons is : 'LOAD DATA'...

I'd like to call a search help when the user PRESSES this button, how can i do that ? maybe a reusable component ???

Thank you...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor

Hi Stephan,

Well there is a way by which you can achieve this functionality... You need to call the static method HANDLE_VALUE_HELP of class CL_WDR_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER. To use it we simply need to pass in a reference to the context element, and the name of an attribute. It will then run the value help defined in the context for that attribute.

However being SAP internal, the method could change or disappear at any time. So this isn't a reliable approach. You would be better off following the approach suggested by the other users. I am however just quoting it for your inspection.

Suppose I have a context node by name NODE1 & an attribute MATNR under it of type MARA-MATNR. Now up on click on a button I want the search help MAT1 for MATNR to be displayed. Below is the coding for the buttons action handler:

method ONACTIONCALL_VALUE_HELP .
  data: wd_node type ref to if_wd_context_node,
        wd_element type ref to if_wD_context_element.

wd_node = wd_context->get_child_node( name = 'NODE1' ).

wd_element = wd_node->get_element( index = 1 ).

CALL METHOD CL_WDR_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER=>HANDLE_VALUE_HELP
    EXPORTING
      CONTEXT_ELEMENT   = wd_element
      CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE = 'MATNR'.
endmethod.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

WOW !

Uday it works great !!!!!

Thank you very much....

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Please keep in mind the fact this class & method may be stopped at any time by SAP. So it would be better if you could code it using the other alternative approach suggested in this thread. I don't think that SAP would have even provided any wrapper class for CL_WDR_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER coz if it were the case Thomas would have replied back with one.

Regards,

Uday

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You do have to be care with using these internal classes in the WD Runtime. SAP doesn't offer any support for direct usage by customers or partners. Also because Web Dynpro is a fairly new technology, major changes can be and have been made to these internal classes. That is why we have a published set of public APIs. These are documented here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/64/be5b4150b38147e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

As stated in the help, a method call might appear to be working but could be disrupting the flow of the framework leading to difficult to track down errors as well.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

open issued!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Value Help has to be fired by the framework. It can't be triggered programatically. So you would have to do as already suggested and replicate the look and feel of a value help in a custom window/view. Of course you wouldn't get the supporting features, like personal values, very easily. Consider if this is really a correct design if you need the value help functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use OVS for a field to nmeet your requirement.

to use an OVS just go thru this blog

/people/shruti.rathour/blog/2008/05/05/ovs-help-in-web-dynpro-abap

thanks

Edited by: anand prakash rai on May 7, 2009 10:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want the search help like the popup that is shown for standard search help...

But on a button!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Calling a searchhelp on a button.........

I think you have to design the view with a table of contents with the columns names/fields you require and popuplate the table. show this view as a popup. you have to deisgn your own layout that behaves like a normal SH window/Or when OVS is implemented for a field.

Regards,

Lekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to show that search help in the form of a view or what you want to do.

Regards,

Lekha.