cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Netweaver Database (of SAP MII) as application DB

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm planning to use Netweaver Database (of SAP MII) for storing some MII transactional data which will be used by the application,by creating a new schema in the database. This way we can save separate database installation.

I have done an estimation on the data volume and found out that there can be approximately 80000 rows of data records in 9 custom tables in the application database at any point of time.

Will it be okay to use the NetWeaver database as an application database (with separate schema ofcourse) and to hold this additional data volume?

Also any recommendation on the database sizing considering this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say overall, you are introducing risk into your Netweaver platform by doing so. If a bad query is run that ends up taking all resources (processor, memory, or disk), you'll crash the Netweaver box.

But, if you are ok with that risk...

0 Kudos

I am talking about the production system where all the queries are tested and tuned.

I specifically want to check whether there will be any other issues in using NW database as a application db for MII.

Edited by: Sudipta Mukherjee on May 8, 2009 12:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario I mentioned could still happen in production, even with testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I stand with Ryan's remark altough you can review following points

How long the data will be retained in DB for these transactions.

Keep scope of future inhancements on MII transactions & queries

Influence of other Netweaver application on size of database and monthly database growth rates

Under "worst case scenario" your size estimation might fail so keep recovery process

Regards

Ram Upadhyay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Just create a Schema in SAP J2EE Database, solves the problem. It is a simple DBA/Basis concept. I am positive that nothing happens. We have implemented it in production.

Going for a separate Database instance would put some more over head of backing it up and restoration ...