cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict PGI in VL01N

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I want to block the user to do PGI in VL01N. It means whenever he wants to do PGI he has to first save the delivery document and then through VL02N only he should be able to do the PGI.

Pls guide me how to achieve that.

Thanx in advance.

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

use the SHD0, and create a Screen Variant for the transaction VL01N. this is the eaiest and simplest way.

Regards

Amitesh

0 Kudos

SHD0 doesn't show up the PGI button for VL01N. Any further help on this would be great

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think this can be done by configuring in

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide<<<<<<<<<Logistics Execution<<<<<<Shipping<<<<<<<Deliveries<<<<<<<Define Reasons for Blocking in Shipping

Define Reasons for Blocking in Shipping

here create a reason and check the box goods issue and assign this reason to your delivery type

so that the user cannot do PGI in vl01n and he has to goto VL02n and remove the block and then do PGI

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you told, I have defined a reason for block and assigned to the delivery document. But this reason is not populating in delivery document by default.

Please guide me.

Thanx & regards,

Anup

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

You have to take the help of ABAPer to disable the PGI tab being used in VL01 transaction and enable it only in VL02

Thro customization like delivery blocks and others this requirement cannot be met

A small development is reqd here

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input. Apart from ABAP development, can we use authorization to achieve the same?

Thanx & regards,

Anup

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

According to me the authorization is for using particular t codes

PGI is a functionality available with in T code VL01

I think you can not restrict any user using t code VL01 but they should not use PGI which is an application within VL01

Means if VL01 is used by somebody you cant restrict him without touching PGI

He can Click on PGI also

Your requirement is user should use VL01 and should not do PGI in that

That means thro ABAP development you disable PGI functionality in VL01 and activate it in VL02 only

Authorization means the user cannot go to VL01 at all which is not requirenment

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed explaination. I will speak with technical ppl.

thanx & regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

anupam sharma ,

You can Through Authorization based on Tcodes you can control, check with your Basis Consultant.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for the reply. what is the authorization object for PGI. Please can u explain in detail.

Thanx & regards,

Anup