cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more than one Solution Manager

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 3 data centres around the world and each have a number of SAP systems, ABAP, JAVA and ABAP+Java. At present we have one central Solution Manager that is configured primarily for ASAP, change management etc and not really configured for CEN or RCA.

So my question is, has anyone setup more than one Solution Manager when they have multiple data centres around the world or is everyone just using a central Solution Manager?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brain,

There is no perfect strategy for having one or more Solman.

Itu2019s based on company policies, security, legal constraints, operation, geographical location, network constraints, availability, global strategy, usage of components, access and distribution etcu2026

I donu2019t have any situation to install more than one solman.

However you can connect SLDs to Solmon using t-code (SLDAPICUST)

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. Our Central Solution Manager is already 4p/8c with 20Gb on Windows Server 2003 and when we connect all our SAP instances, some 120 of them then the Solman basically stops. So I am curious, very eager to find out if anyone has setup more than one Solman to handle large numbers of SAP instances and handle geographic separation of SAP instances.

But thanks for your reply.

Brian

Answers (0)