cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing table to a defined web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I want to pass a table with some text in it to a defined web service which has a RFC wrapped inside (web service required so I can set username)

When I try to call the webservice it works fine until I add a table to the output. When table is added I get this error:

After some research I found the following article (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/vc/connectivity) which states:

Set or HashMap or List (i mean any of the collection objects) then you may have problems. Only simple data type are working.

I believe tables are a complextype and therefore will not work as a webservice from visual composer. Is there any way around this or any plans for this to be fixed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the table into a string instead.

former_member194198
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have contents of tables passed into web services via arrays of java objects. Our web services are based on Java classes.

For example, define a simple Java object called PurchaseOrder - give it a couple of attributes - perhaps purchase order, purchase group.

Then define a class with a method that sends or receives an array of the object - i.e. purchaseOrder[]

The web services based on this class / method work fine in VC.

Cheers

Richard