cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source system connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

BW Experts,

We have BW connected to R/3. Recentely R/3 dev was refreshed from production and BASIS has problems with connecting it back to BW. They have put forward the question to me ...... what are the implications to be consider if we <b>RECREATE</b> the source system on the whole in BW OR do a <b>RESTORE SOURCE SYSTEM</b>

What is the difference between <b>Restore</b> and <b>recreate</b> source system?

Thanks

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ashwin,

can specify the problem ? what's the error ?

take a look oss note

325525 Copying and renaming systems in a BW environment

184322 Procedure after DB copy of BW source systems

121163 BDLS Converting logical system names

369758 BDLS New functions and better performance

(from )

try in bw rsa1->source system->r/3 source system->'restore', and re-create rfc connection (sm59).

hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

I would recommend "Restore" because it will repopulate the RFC, partner profile and port definition again in r/3.

However, for recrete of source system, you will need to do quite a far bit of clean up first before you could successfully recreate of the source system.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwin

With my experience I would say you could do restore rather than reconnecting again. As you know restore brings what ever settings you have earlier and it doesn’t harm any thing.

Recreating means completely creating new system with new settings

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recommend going in for a restore rather than Recreate. You'll have more problems and checkout to do for Recreate as it'll recreate the source system from scratch, where as in Restore, you'll be able to retain your original settings, but you'll also need to do a good checkout after the source system comes back.

Cheers,

Kedar