cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when i try to execute a simple code, i get the message " Characteristic Combination cannot be assigned to any basic area".any idea on this?

guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using a multiplanning area and one of the characteristic that's part of level doesn';t exist in the planning area's (standard) you are reading the data from. Please put in a # in addition to the present selection values, in the selection tab for the specific characteristic.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to work on fox well on basic areas.But am struggling a lot when it comes to fox in multi planning areas.do u have any suggestions?

for ex: i have amount in data column along with value type and version and calmonth.The amount is the total sales amount.

I have to assign this to a different area where sales is in lead column and calmonth, version and valuetype are in data column.

version is 10.value type is 15 for both.calmonth is jan in both areas.any idea.i know this is a simple assignment.but for some reason am not getting it.

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saggi,

for FOX on a multi planning area, basically all fields which are only in one of the basic areas need to be fields to be changed (if the FOX is supposed to change the area). Fields that are not contained in the basic area have to be set to #.

Example:

Planning Area A has fields A1,A2,A3,C1,C2

Planning Area B has fields B1,B2,C1,C2

MultiArea = Areas A and B

Fox:

Fields to be changed: A1,A2,A3,B1,B2,Planning Area

• Move data from area A to B

{#,#,#,B1,B2,"AreaB"} = {A1,A2,A3,#,#,"AreaA"}.

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marc,

Following your example below, I'm also having problem copying records between areas in an MPA. My situation is, I wanted to copy the forecasted version from my PAFO cube and put it as an 'actual' version in my PACP cube with a condition that months out equals '00'. MY FOX formula is thus as follows:

"{Key Figure Name,Calendar Year/Month,Version,Value type,Months Out,Planning Item,Plng Area}"

DATA MO TYPE GCMONOUT.

DATA VT TYPE 0VTYPE.

DATA VE TYPE 0VERSION.

DATA PA TYPE AREA____.

DATA SM TYPE 0CALMONTH.

DATA PI TYPE GCPLNITM.

FOREACH SM.

IF PA = 'PAFO' AND MO = '00' AND

VT = '020' AND VE = 'M01'.

*copy to actual version

{0AMOUNT,SM,000,010,#,PI,PACP} =

{0AMOUNT,SM,M01,020,00,PI,PAFO}.

ENDIF.

ENDFOR.

did a trace analysis, it's able to find a reference but wasn't able to copy to my target cube nor changing my version and value type from forecast to actual! Help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I must add as well that based on trace analysis, I'm getting this:

2 data records were read, 0 of them were changed, 0 generated

Thanks in advance!

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edu,

next time, open a new thread instead of adding to an existing one.

Why don't you use a standard copy function?

Fields to be changed:

Version,Value type,Months Out,Plng Area

M01,020,00,PAFO

To:

000,010,#,PACP

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG