cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM and ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can we get all functionality of SAP PLM in ECC6.0 or we have to install c project, c folder etc in standard package to get access. Any specific settings or prerequisites are there. If yes how to get those components.

Your useful comments will be appreciated and must be helpful for others interested to work on PLM.

Zinni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zinni,

SAP PLM is not a module, its a vast business area, which includes different SAP modules under it.

For cProjects and cFolders, you get the CPRXRPM component installed on your ECC 6.0. You need to activate few services in SICF and on activating the respective services you get the access to cFolders and cProjects.

For cFolders, the service is CFX_RFC_UI and for cProjects there is a webdynpro service called cprojects.

Hope this will solve your query.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Former Member
0 Kudos

My intention is after installing the SAP ECC 6.0 in my PC, I can start practicing, as no good institutes are available in India for PLM training. So I have to ask the person who will install ECC 6.0 for other required componets, as explained by you people, to accomadate enabling me to get smooth practicing.

However yours answer is very useful . Anything in this regard will definitely helpful for me to start practicing of my own.I am sure lot more aspirants will be interested to know the procedures and how we can install different components. Service market place speaks lot of helpful links, but seems to be complicated.

Points awarded.

Zinni

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ths scope of SAP PLM is vast. It includes cprojects,cfolders,xRPM,DMS, recepie management etc.

Now in case of cprojects/cfolders/xRPM the configuration is done in ECC-6.0, however the front end application is a web based tool. You need to maintain RFC connection from ECC to this front end applications.

Whenever user uses this web based application, RFC call is made to ECC, where the configurations are maintained. However you need to get seperate licenses for this packages like xRPM 4.5, cProjects 4.0 to access front end web based applications.

Hope this helps

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful answer. Can you brief little more about such config.

Zinni

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi zinni,

i m not getting your que. U can work on PLM on ecc 6.0. Cprojects is only a part of PLM not prerequisite.If thre is any thing required u need to contact your basis consutlat. Thru service.sap.com all the things can b loaded. follow the best practice and building blocks.

With Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India