cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junk Character in French Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to type the text 'nos vu0153ux de prompt' in a French language smartform. The output comes as 'nos v#ux de prompt' instead of the one above. How do I make sure the 'u0153' character comes?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In non-unicode systems it might give problem. Check your system

Also refer to OSS note - 99422

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try printing with deviec type SAPWIN via windows frontend or windows print server. The character should then print.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you write the english text in Smartform, then translate it into required language (French) using SE63...

Hope it helps!!

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you check the device type assigned to the printer to which the document is being printed.

Normally the special character set of a language may not be supported by the device types.

You need to contact the Basis colleagues to make sure that the special characters sets of a language is supported by a specific device type.

To enter the text in a standard text go to SO10 and create a standard text and use it in smartforms by 'Include Text'.

It is always better to embed a text in a standard text and use it in smartforms.

Hope this information is sufficient.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

We use ECC 6.0

Ramkrishna,

How do I maintain a standard text? And how can that be called in a smartform? If I maintain a standard text, will it insert the problematic character into the system's character set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Did you fix your problem?

I have the same issue (with the same letter) and I would like to know of you installed any driver and if it resolves your problem.

Thanks

Regards

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually it is a printer's device type issue wherein the device type doesnot support the special characters.

Try with any other printer and also place the text in a standard text.

Regards,

Ram