cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPOSCOL not running on App server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have ECC 6.0 system. I noticed SAPOSCOL on App server is not running. On CI its running fine.

/sapmnt/SID/exe is also mounted on app server but when i hit grep saposcol on app server its not running. Even in ST06 for app server its showing saposcol is not running. Does anybody knows the reason.

Permission and owner is not issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check log file & paste the error message.

Sometimes because of SAPOSCOL version SAPOSCOL does not start, in this case you may need to update the SAPOSCOL version.

Note 548699 - FAQ: OS collector SAPOSCOL

Check SAP Note Note 710975 - FAQ: which saposcol should be used on AIX (not sure whether this is relevant for you)

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for replying.

My main concern is if i start SAPOSCOL manually, its working fine on App and CI. But when i start SAP saposcol is not at all starting on CI and App too. Is i am missing anything?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saposcollector start with the sapscript startsap . What is the message you are getting while starting the sap services.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Everytime i get message as start of SAPOSCOL failed but when i start manually it starts properly with no issues.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you upgraded your kernel patch recently. Check this note 1257757 and 809477 it will solve your issue.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Those notes worked for me.

Thanks

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to start the SAPOSCOL form the application level or OS level.

and check the trace file dev_coll in /usr/sap/tmp directory for the proper reason.

Some times there might be executables issue in kernel directory.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Check the dev_coll file located by default in directory /usr/sap/tmp or the home directory of the owner of the program SAPOsCOL, it contains the error & status information by the program. And update the thread thereafter.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

U can goto T.Code ST06 --> Click Operating system collector button --> 2 buttons are there STOP and START. u can click START.

Regards

keshav

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be your os data are not able to connect with your sap system.Start the SAPOSCOL by running saposcol -l at the command prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at this thread

[;

regards,

Muralidhar