cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Item showing Query View name in BEx Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when running a query view in our custom standard workbook, I would like to have a text item display the name of that very query view. Ordinarily, this is not possible - only query names can be displayed. I can show the view name with a drop down box item - which is alright but not perfect.

So, I guess my question is whether it is possible to somehow reference the text of the currently selected value of such a BEx drop down box element to be shown either in a text item or in a standard Excel cell.

Any other alternatives, are also greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one dirty way of doing the same is to have a datasource created on your query view table and then use a virtual infoprovider to run a query and display the same.

It will have to be a datasource on a view of the query view and description tables...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

thanks for the insight. I am not sure I got you 100% - however, it seems to be a rather elaborate way for each view. I was hoping to achieve that the central point of presentation of the results, e.g. the workbook. The thing is that in our project we have around 150 reports, about 3/4 of them represented by views ...

Best,

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

There is no such design item available to display the Query View name in the workbook, except from Drop down item.

Rgds,

Murali