cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Not Calculating for Macros with DRILL_DOWN/DRILL_UP

Former Member
0 Kudos

APO Gurus-

I have a macro that drills down, does some calculations, and then drills back up. There are 3 steps in the collective macro (shown below). Depending on the current selection, the drill down (and drill up) macro can drill down on 2 characterisitcs.

If, based on the user's selection, the macro only has to drill down (and drill back up) 1 level, the macro calculates the detailed numbers correctly, but when the drill up happens, the total number shown does not reflect the updated numbers.

If, based on the user's selection, the macro only has to drill down (and drill back up) both levels, everything is calculated (and displayed) correctly).

The steps of the collective macro are:

1. Drill Down

2. Do the calculation (details only)

3. Drill Up

Interestingly enough, if i add a 2nd drill down and drill up to the collective macro (as shown below), the everything is calculated and displayed correctly regardless of what level the user starts at.

1. Drill Down

2. Do the calculation (details only)

3. Drill Up

4. Drill Down

5. Drill up

This is certainly not a good solution to the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on why a single drill up would not be triggering an aggregation calculation to occur? Any thoughts on how to correct?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I dont know which syntax you have used for the drill down/drill up macros. I had a similar requirement and syntax I used is as follows:

Drill down macro:

Action box:

Drill_down( 'CHAR1' ; 'internal' )

Drill_down( 'CHAR2' ; 'internal' )

Calculations macro

Drill up macro

Action box

Drill_down( 'CHAR2' ; 'internal' )

Drill_down( 'CHAR1' ; 'internal' )

Let me know if this helps.

Warm regds,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashutosh-

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that is the syntax I am using. The only difference originally is that I had "internal" as upper case. I switched it to lower case and am still getting the same results.

Thanks,

Chris

Answers (0)