cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are customers of Crystal Reports starting from Crystal 7 - We are currently using Crystal XI Release 2 -- And we deploy Crystal runtime (using crystal merge modules) with our product.. And one of our clients already had crystal 10.0 on their system - After installing our product (including crystal XI merge modules), now whenever they try to open Crystal 10.0, it repairs the same before opening it successfully..

To trouble shoot on this issue, we would like to have Crystal 10.0 version. But it looks like we have lost the Crystal 10.0 installation CD - Please let us know where to get the downloadable version of Crystal 10.0 from your website.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lynda,

You will want to send an email to customercare @ sap.com with your request. This forum does not support posting emial addresses so you'll have to rebuild this email address by removing the extra spaces around the @ symbol.

When you send your email please be sure to include the 19 digit keycode for CR10, along with the edition you need. CR10 had four editions - standard, professional, developer, and advanced developer. You have to tell them which edition you were using so that they can give you the correct information.

I hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll try contacting Customer care for Crystal 10.

Thanks & Regards,

Vennila

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just to follow up on the actual issue you're experiencing - there may be an install order issue, or a "mix" of runtime files issue going on.

I can't be sure from your original post, but it sound like the client has CR10, runtimes for CR XI (v11.0), and runtimes for CR XI R2 (v11.5) installed on the same machine.

There have been issues with having XI (v11.0) and XIR2 (v11.5) installed on the same machine. It's supposed to work, but the "installer launch" is a classic symptom.

The usual solution is to remove the XI files, clean the registry, and then install the XI R2 files.

Sometimes you'll have issues with the install order. Typically you should install older first, and then newer. In certain cases it helps to put newer on first, and then install older next.

I'm not sure if either issue is involved in your case, but I wanted to add it for consideration as you begin your troubleshooting.

Sincerly,

Dan Kelleher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for your added inputs on the installation sequence for different versions of Crystal --

Will take these points into consideration as we troubleshoot on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Vennila