cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice/SOAP to BAPI scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can anyone help me with the detailed steps for a Webservice to BAPI scenario using SOAP sender adapter and receiver RFC adapter.

i basically need to call a BAPI from PI using the data from the exposed webservice

Would be really helpful if any step by step blog is available

Thanks

Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for sharing the information

But im stuck here.

I have a BAPI which creates Purchase order in SAP and returns a confoirmation to XI based on the data obtained from the webservice from a Legacy system

But due to the nature of BAPI calling from XI, XI cant handle exlicit COMMIT. In this case how do i design my scenario..

I know this can be handled by BPM.. but looking for a better solution

I've read that this BAPI calling and COMMIT can be done in a Wrapper class which is again a RFC..and call this from XI.

Can anyone provide me the detailed steps of the above.

thanks

keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a option while configuring the RFC communication channel for COMMIT BAPI..You can check that option while BAPIs are involved in the scenarios. I hope this will answer your queries.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vineetha.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keerthi,

Go thur this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss...

I want to send the data from the Webservice to SAP ECC for this do i need to create any RFC destinations,ports in XI or ECC systems..?

sunil_pandey6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthika,

Please follow the following step.

1. Import the BAPI from ECC to SAP PI (Do you know how to do it)

a. Go to Integration Repository.

b. Double click on SWCV must set to Import of RFC and IDOC Interfaces from SAP Systems permitted and Connection Data form Import from SAP System should point to ECC (System ex XXX, Client nnn and Message Server)

c. In SWCV->Imported Objects right click RFCs import of SAP Objects.

d. This will pop-up new window with list of RFC, IDOC and BAPI available in ECC system.

e. Import the BAPI you want.

2. Create 2 Message types one for Inbound and other for Outbound use the BAPI you imported in both the message type, in this way you do not need any kind of mapping but you need to post BAPI XML structure to SOAP Adapter.

3. Next Step go to Integration directory create scenario and Business Service. In Business Service do not forget to add inbound and outbound interface you created in IR.

4. Create Sender SOAP Adapter in Business Service.

a. Transport Protocol HTTP

b. Message Protocol SOAP 1.1

c. Default Parameters

i. Default Interface Namespace (IR Outbound Interface Namespace)

ii. Default Interface Name (IR Outbound Interface Name)

5. Create Receiver Determination

Now can post SOAP Message to PI, url should be

http://HostName:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BusinessService Name:CommunicationChannelName&nosoap=true&version=3.0&Interface=InterfaceNamespace%5eInterfaceName.

With Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you don't need to create any rfc destinations/ports for Receiver RFC adapter.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I want to send the data from the Webservice to SAP ECC for this do i need to create any RFC destinations,ports in XI or ECC systems..?

you don't need to create a new RFC destination for your scenario......for SAP <--> XI communication there will be a RFC destination of type T already created....just for your info.....

To know what you actually need on the XI --> RFC side refer this link from help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

To configure the receiver RFC CC check this blog:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

This blog is File --> RFC....you need only the RFC part from here..

Regards,

Abhishek.