cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro ABAP export/import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have create a webdynpro application with SAP Netweaver 2004s an I will use this application on a portal with SAP Netweaver 2004.

How can I get the files in the other system?

Can I do this with download/upload or transport ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183804
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

can you please provide some more details on the files? I assume they are somehow portal related, as WDA does not require files.

WDA Components themself are completely part of the ABAP repository (db tables). As such the ordinary transport rules apply to them also.

Best Regards

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus Ziegler,

I have created a webdynpro for abap using the abap workbench. Platform is SAP NetWeaver 2004s (just for testing the abilities of webdynpro for abap). Our SAP NetWeaver Portal is still running on SAP NetWeaver 2004 (Portal Version 6.0.14.0.0, KMC 6.0.14.2.0).

And now I want to use the developed webdynpro as application in the portal. How can I transport or deploy a webdynpro for abap from the abap workbench into the portal.

Further steps in the Portal in order to create an iview are known.

Thanks for help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to integrate a Web Dynpro ABAP application into the portal, you can use the portal integration features, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/27/96b9c8f14e7d498b90a674710dc9c2/frameset.htm

Regards, Heidi

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You don't have to do anything to deply or transport the web dynpro abap from the workbench into the portal. The web dynpro component continues to run within the ABAP engine remotely from the portal. The only thing necessary is that the Service Node for the Web Dynpro Application is active on the ABAP engine (in transaction SICF - or done automatically when you active the object from the workbench). This is the same requirement for accessing the web dynpro application without the portal.

If you already know how to setup the web dynpro ABAP iView, then you you should be good to go. There are some limitations for running Web Dynpro ABAP in the 04 Portal. Have a look at these weblogs:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/05/wd-abap-and-sap-nw04-portal-ep-60

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/05/creating-wd-abap-iview-and-the-wd-namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the problem is solved by the information of Thomas Jung.

Thanks for help

Klaus Helfrich

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

So you have created a WebDynpro ABAP Application using the SAP NW-Dev Studio.

-o I suppose you can export the complete the WebDynpro Application as Jar File / Zip File etc. This for Backup.

-o To make it show itself on a SAP Portal, you have register the WAS Server(your SDM where you deployed your application).

-o Nextly you can transport your WebDynpro Appl by doing

--oo open your SAP Portal :: like sapsrvr://test:50400/irj/portal

--oo next login and click on the Content Administration, you would see below a list of tabs like Portal Content, Multiple

Property Replacement ... and also Web Dynpro.

--oo Now click on Portal Content

--oo Go to Browse tab below

--oo Select your folder (where you want to show ur application)

---ooo Right click on it and select new -> iView

---ooo Select 'SAP Web Dynpro iView' from radio buttons and click Next

---ooo Enter a name , id of the iView ( they can be same, dont enter white spaces between words), click next

---ooo Select ABAP or Java ( in ur case ABAP)

---ooo Enter all the values like namespace, application name of ur application ( u can find them when u run the

WebDynpro ABAP application, like local/WebTut_UI and WEb_UI respectively)

---ooo save it and see the summary

now you must be able to see your application as an iView in the Portal Application.

Please do let us know if you could solve your problem or if you need any other information / Clarification.

Sreenivas.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Klaus,

If it is an Webdynpro for ABAP program you will have to transport the change requests via the abap transport manager.

If it is the Webdynpro for Java, you can just deploy the application on a local or remote Java Web Application, server provided you configure the server in your development environment.

If you are looking to do a portal deployment of a webdynpro application here is the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d8/6ee03fc2269615e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Sumit.