cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.2 Oracle tablespace issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Friends,

We have an issue with the SAPSR3DB.VIRSA_CC_ACTVL table. It is becoming full quite frequently. Do any one of you have any idea about the issue while running background job for analysis.

Error while executing the Job:ORA-01653: unable to extend table SAPSR3DB.VIRSA_CC_ACTVL by 8192 in tablespace PSAPSR3DB

Increasing tablespace is an option but can you suggest if there is any workaround for the situation. We want to avoid increasing the tablespace.

I appreciate your help..

Regards,

Venkateswara Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Refer to Alprsh's recommendations. Also, SAP Note : 1044174 may help you

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read the SAP notes suggested by Alpesh and Harleen. I spoke to the Database admin regarding the following tables for re-organization:

Tables: VIRSA_CC_ACTVL

VIRSA_CC_BKGINP

VIRSA_CC_JOBHST

VIRSA_CC_PRMVL

VIRSA_CC_SCHEDULER

VIRSA_CC_THREAD

He said that it will save around 4Gb only.

Can you tell me if by setting the following thing in CC>Config>"Additional Options"

Enable Offline Risk Analysis -

No

Will we be able to save up space? Our main concern is not to increase further the size because of cost issues. We already increased the size twice earlier. The system was designed as per the sizing guidelines earlier. Thhanks both.

Thanks for your reply Sudip as well...We will configure automatic addition of tablespace soon after we resolve this issue....

Regards,

Venkateswara Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

by setting the option "Enable Offline Analysis" to NO, table VIRSA_CC_PRMVL will not be filled during batch risk analysis.

However, the disadvantage is that the users would not be able to execute ad-hoc "Offline" risk analysis. "Online" risks analysis takes more time to be processed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

You can do autoextend on Oracle so you don't have to do this manually or follow the sizing guide so you can size your servers properly and you won't have to face this issue. Here is the link to the sizing guide:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000071612&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_O...

Look at OSS note # 1178370 as well.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow one of the following approches to avoid the current problem,

1) Make the datafile in autoextend on.

Example,

alter database datafile '/u01/app/oracle/ts_32k.dbf' autoextend on;

OR

2) Resize the datafile