Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPscript - window printing without write_form execution in print program

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Quick question for you, Im looking for confirmation of something happening in a SAPscript.

It appears that a window within my SAPscript prints even though it does not get called from within the print program by way of a OPEN_FORM function call with the window specified.

The window is type VAR.

Is this normal, I thought you had to specifically "call" the window to write it using OPEN_FORM?

Much appreciated for a swift response.

Kind regards,

Jon-Paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you may be calling START_FORM

Yes you have to call OPEN_FORM

Regards

Krishna

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Indeed START_FORM is being called, to open and start the writing of the form.

I created a new window, TEST, in the SAPscript, and nowhere in the print program is this referenced. But the window gets output.

How is this so, when there is no OPEN_FORM referencing window TEST?

Many thanks for the original reply.

Jon-Paul.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone confirm a window will always get printed even though the window element is not called via WRITE_FORM?

Many thanks,

Jon-Paul.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anyone confirm, thanks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,

you need not call the variable window manually in print program if the window have no text elements

i.e

/E Text_element

p1 Some text.

If the widow have textelements you have to call the window by using WRITE_FORM function module.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have not maintained the text element in window then it is possible to print that window data using WRITE_FORM.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Jagadeesh that was the precise answer, the window element contained a literal text, not a text element, thanks very much.

Kind regards,

Jon-Paul.

Answers (0)