cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with vendor update in SRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We are on SRM 4.0 in extended classic scenario.

We use a nightly batch job, which syncs all the vendors created/ changed in ECC , the previous day.

This job frequently fails with the error 'No General data found'.

There is no further detail provided for the same.

I suppose it is due to Vendor GUID clash between ECC and SRM.

I.e. one vendor X exists as vendor Y in SRM.

So when this vendor X is updated in ECC, the program BBP_VENDOR_SYNC tries to update in SRM, but fails.

I want to pinpoint the exact vendor which is causing this issue.( De-bugging is a very time consuming option)

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Could you please run the BBP_VENDOR_SYNC with a different time frame. By default it is 'From last Update' , Change this to 'From Date' and check the behaviour.

Do update the findings.

Regards,

Sapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for yoour response!

I did run the program from yesterday and it ran OK.

However I need to Identify the vendor causing the problem each time.

If possible, I need a list of all the vendors which can potentially cause problems after

update in ECC.

Regards

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

On debugging I found that a particular vendor exists in table Venmap, but not in BUT000.

So although it was replicated from ECC, the Business partner was not created.

This vendor is causing the program to fail. Any suggestions , how to create the BP for the vendor?

BBPGETVD, BBPUPDVD are not creating the BP.

Regards

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please do the following:

1.Cross verify by searching with the partner guid in BUT000. Take the partner Guid from the VENMAP table for the vendor.

If the vendor still does not exist, then use 'BUPA_TEST_DELETE' to delete the BP. Give the vendor number available in VENMAP table.

This should let you delete the BP. Afterwards try replicating the Business Partner again.It should work.

Best Regards,

Sapna