cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condition check in BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a BPM workflow defined and i need to add in one more step at the begining to validate a condition.

when i get the request i need to check the value of a particular field, If that field has a negative value, then i need to make a webservice call otherwise it will follow the other part of the workflow with out making this web service call.

I want to know how to check just the negative sign? we are using PI-7.1.

any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Raj

Edited by: raj reddy on May 6, 2009 6:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

You can try the comparison operator u2248 (--> "LIKE") and the right operand "-*".

That way, all values starting with a negative sign should result in a true condition.

Best regards,

Dennis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Use a Switch before the process starts. Then check for the negative symbol. So if it dont have - symbol then do your process else do your otherwise branch. So in otherwise branch will trigger if it has - symbol and make a call to your webservice here.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have already swith step.

My question is How can i just check for the negative sign value because this filed can have any value with the negative sign.

with the help of the condtion editor when i select this field and to assign the value on the right side, how can i assign any value with the negative sign?

How can I assign any value with the negative sign? Just - sign would be sufficient ?

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

What you can do is do a simple transformation step before the switch. In this take any field which you are not using in your original mapping and check for the symbol with the standard function startswith. Also use createif for that field, so that you will have that field or not. Then check for that field in Switch.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How can I assign any value with the negative sign? Just - sign would be sufficient ?

Only a negative sign wont suffice.....

just a wild guess, in your condition editor try using the following logic:

cond_var = -cond_var

where cond_var is the condition variable defined in the condition editor (since you are using PI7.1)

Regards,

Abhishek.