cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta update for 0MAT_PLANT_ATTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

I have enhanced the Data Source 0MAT_PLANT_ATTR with a few fields from table MBEW, MARA and T001K.

However, changes in data of ZZ* fields don't create a new record. So, if I run the infopackage as delta, no new values comes up. But, if the values of one field of the datasource is change, when running the infopackage delta both values comes updated.

I found this one that it's exacly the same problem:

... except no changes are made in BD** transactions. I don't know these transactions but they have any influence in the delta behaviour?

Is the solution proposed by Roger the best solution or do you know a better one?

Thanks & Regards;

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

Yes... for other fields that are not in table MARC I create one infoset.

In my case I needed to update with the standard price from MBEW.

The infoset have the MBEW, T001K and T001 for the Currency key.

From MBEW I have the material, standard price, timestamp and valuation area.

This valuation area is linked to the one in T001K. The company code from T001K link to the one in T001.

The timestamp is the secret. Everytime you change the standard price of one material, this will change.

Then, I create a datasource base on this infoset, using the timestamp to trigger the delta.

In the transformations I link the material with material and plant with valuation area. Because the key is the same, the combination 1 Plant/ 1 Material is added with these information.

This was the solution I had found.

If you need any help please let me know.

Good luck...

Regards;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

Yes... I was able to solve it.

I think in your case you have to go to table ROOSFIELD, select 0MAT_PLANT_ATTR datasource and field LOSFX.

Change the Field Attr (SELECTION) from "A" to " ".

Then replicate the datasource in BI.

This field should be available.

Regards;

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ricardo, I am waiting for my developer key to change the table and will try once I get that.

How did you resolve delta issue? I will be doing the same and was wondering what would be the solution for this.

Thanks again

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts... again;

Does anyone know how to see what is the message type assign to each datasource?

Thanks once again;

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

Did you resolve the issue ? I have similar requirement and I am encountering problem even assigning reference table/fields to the data source

Check table ZABIW_MARC_S

Table is not yet classified

ZABIW_MARC_S-ZZSTPRS (combination reference table/field BIW_MARC_S-LOSFX does not exist)

Check on table ZABIW_MARC_S resulted in errors

Can you please let me know how you resolve the issue ?

Thanks

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiraj;

I don't think that will solve.

Let me present one example:

Moment 0:

Plant A / Material M1

Field EISBE = 100

Field ZZSTPRS based on STPRS from MBEW = 10

Moment 1: Init delta -> this record is created in BI

Moment 2: Field ZZSTPRS from 10 to 50

If I do a delta, there is no new record and the correspond attribute in BW isn't changed.

Moment 3: Field EISBE from 100 to 300

Running the delta, both attributes are filled.

However, the time gap between Moment 2 and 3 can be higher (could not even append).

Any solution than FULL or new DS?

Regards;

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You create a DS with two infopackage

1. initialization delta.

2. delta only

initalization delta -- in this you select in "initalization delta" and "select first radio button" and start .

after successfull completion delta queue will generate.so next time only load delta using 2 infopackage

so no need of creating 2 DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh;

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, there is not a different way to trigger delta over enhanced fields. So, you are saing that there are 2 options for these fields: or do a full upload or create a different datasource where we can control the delta?

Regards;

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it is better to have a new DS with delat capability.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

Sorry to be posting again but this issue is critical at this moment to the customer.

This could influenciate the way master data are upload.

Any suggestion?

Thanks & Regards;

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This datasource is a business content DS and hence the delta capability is fixed on certain table and their fields.

while doing enhancement, you can fill data for those fields while extractions by user exits.

If delta capability is to be used on the enhcanced fileds, this will complicate the caoding and extractions.

since it is master data, try to create a generic data source and specify the required delta capability and load to master data tables(anyhow overwrite will happen).

Ramesh