cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning AFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running AFS 6.0. Trying to use the Independent Requirement Plan using J3A1. After I save the plan and run MRP. In the MRP list it shows a Requirement Number for Type PB. However, in no where in J3A1 I can find this requirement number.

The problem will be if the user enter several plan in the same period. Then in MRP it is very hard to understand which requirement belongs to which plan.

Pls advise if there are a table that I can find out which requirement number belongs to which plan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another problem with AFS PIR.

The Projected Qty provided by our customer not necessary contains at the SKU Level. We have 3 scenarios:

1. Customer provide projection based at SKU level. Then user can enter PIR in SAP at SKU level.

2. Customer provide projection at Color level but no sizes are given. Any ides how to handle this in SAP.

3. Customer provide projection at material level. User can enter PIR in SAP at material level. When the customer place real order with SKU to us, user will enter sales order in SAP. But the sales order qty cannot consume the projection at material level. Is there any way that we can make this happen?

Tks,

Calvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but what do you plan to do with the provided projections? start the procurement process of grid independent components?

If that's the case, there are a couple of options in my view. For example you can create PIR for the grid independent component and start that way the procurement process of components. When the sales order is created, it will consume the components PIRs.

Another option for point 2 in your post would be to create a dummy grid value which is something like color X size NoSize, that way you can map components which are only grid independent and color dependent. Then you create PIR for the finished product and run MRP to explode the BOM to start procurement. When components have been procured, you can then deactivate the PIR and the stock will be unrestricted stock that can be consumed by the sales order. This same logic applies for point 3 in you post only that you will map components at material level, no grid level.

Regards,

Andres G.

0 Kudos

Dear Calvin,

Please check following tables;

J_3ABDBS

J_3ABDSI

J_3ABSSI

Do not change any thing in these tables manually. If you change anything manually it will create lots of inconsistency which may not be corrected. Just view it.

Regards,

Rakesh

Please close the thread if this is answered