cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table listing does not show in Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Business Objects XIR2 (Designer 11.5.0) with Oracle 9.2.0.7 database:

In any universe, I cannot see the list of tables either when right-clicking in the universe pane or from the Insert menu. The first time I do it, an hourglass shows and a status bar goes part way across the bottom of the screen. Then the status bar and hourglass disappear. When I try again, nothing happens.

When I test the database connection, it says the server is responding. If I create a derived table, I can see all the tables and select from them. Connected to the database as the Business Objects user, I can see tables and select from them.

This was working before. I don't think anything has changed.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My user Administrator had Browse Tables explicitly granted.

I'm still researching the custom strategy solution.

Again, thanks for the possible solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution in thread 1196777. I changed the registry key h_current_user\software\Business Objects\Application Preferences\Business Designer\Designer\Dsgn Table Browser\WindowPlacement. It was 0,972,170,1172,1,0. Per the recommendation in the other post, I made it 0,0,300,300,1,0. The proper list of tables is displayed.

I am using the default Structure strategy. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried adding a custom strategy?

c:\program files\business objects\businessobjects enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\oracle\oracle.stg

Had the same issue with an Oracle database that Designer had issues with due to the # of tables. Had to add a strategy to look just for certain tables so it didn't overwhelm designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying. Is CMS the Central Management Console? I checked user rights for Universes, Universe Connections, Servers, Settings and BO Enterprise Applications and I didn't see a right to insert tables or explore tables.

Could you provide some more details? Thanks for helping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Barbara,

please login central management console,click BusinessObjects Enterprise Applications->

Designer, in the line of your BO user,click Advanced, then you will see "user" will inherit rights from its parent groups .

check whether Table Browser " is granted.

hope it helps.

Regards,

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Barbara,

please open CMS and check if you have the right of insert table(or explore table).

Regards,

Tony