Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java program to restart failed message in Adapter Engine

brian_arthern2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using PI 7.0.

Could anyone tell me whether there is an automated job or URL I can schedule in order to periodically resend messages sitting in the Adapter Engine receive queue that are in status System Error, Holding, or Waiting?

I want to avoid having to monitor the system through message monitoring and manually resending the messages...

Many thanks

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

brian_arthern2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This goes a long way towards solving my problem, thanks.

On configuring the job, I notice that the smallest interval is to run the job hourly. Is there any way to run the job more frequently other than setting up different jobs starting at different times that running hourly?

thanks

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of another option to run it more frequently.

So what you mentioned to schedule different one's starting at different times may be the only alternative ;o)

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/05/b1b740f83db533e10000000a155106/content.htm

Restarting

Instead of restarting messages with errors manually with message monitoring, you can schedule a job to automatically restart these messages. This is possible for all messages for which the number of defined restart attempts has been exceeded (messages with the System Error status).

You can define one or more rules for each job to restart messages; these rules contain conditions that a message must meet in order to be restarted by the job. At least one of the defined rules must be met for archiving to take place.

Rescheduling

A standard job to reschedule messages is created automatically. The job runs once a day and ensures that messages lost as a result of database failure, for example, are rescheduled. You can schedule additional rescheduling jobs; however, you cannot define rules for them.