Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Workflow and Lotus Notes Integration

VijayasekarK
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I got a customer requirement where i need to develop sap workflow and the workitem display , approval's will be done at Lotus Notes .

Can some one throw a light on the above requirement about it's working with Lotus notes.

Is any additional component & Lotus Notes developer needed for the same.

Need your valuable suggestions...

Thanks and Regards,

K Vijayasekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is (or was) an SAP LotusNotes-Connector (on SAP gui CD), i.e. a "database" that reflects the workitem inbox of an SAP user account and links this to a LotusNotes-id. I'm not sure if it is already outdated, but it works good at one of my customers.

Known limitations:

- Password synchronization is more admin-intensive

- Only generic decisions (workflow step "user decision") is executable (method execution before workitem processing etc. still works)

- LotusNotes user must have a valid (and licensed) SAP account

On another project I have implemented a custom interface, that also works pretty fine and stable:

Background task generates a simple SMTP-mail to a LotusNotes database and contains information about the receiver and step details (which doesn't has to have an SAP user account). This is then transformed into a Lotus-like workflow with all custom-made functionalities that one can think of.

The step back to the SAP Business Workflow is done by the same database using the LotusNotes-SAP-connector (which is not the same as mentioned above, but one that can make RFC-calls to an R/3-application server. This RFC call gives back the information of the workitem step and the workflow can continue.

Known limitations:

- No "direct" SAP connectivity (meaning Match-Codes, e.g.)

- SAP-Connector costs a lot of money.

Just to give a roughly overview.

Best wishes,

Florin

VijayasekarK
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florin,

Thanks for your reply.

Client is having SAP 4.7 and having Lotus Notes

Version 6. To have this sap workflow integrated with Lotus Notes , do we need any additional component , is it possible for you to give some more inputs on this.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

I have requested more detailed information from the customer's site about the software etc.

I'll post it here as soon I have more infos.

Best wishes, Florin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

here it is: the <i>main software package</i> that we used was:

<b>"Lotus Connector for SAP R/3"</b> from IBM. This installs a db w/agent that can send/receive RFC function calls.

Furthermore you will need a (separate) LotusNotes application that implements and manages the LotusNotes-side workflow steps (i.e. sending it to the user, having a template layout,...).

These two main sections on the LotusNotes side have been developed by another team and I wasn't involved in every detail.

I have sent to you the contact by mail.

With the very best wishes,

Florin

VijayasekarK
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florin ,

I got to know from SAP Help about the SAP Workflow with Lotus notes integration & i hope this will satisfy my requirement. Thanks for you suggestions & response.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello vijaysekar,

can u please send me that help.

My email is yashvi_oneonly@yahoo.co.in

thanks in advance,

VijayasekarK
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I h've forwarded the SAP Help on LN Integration.

Award points..if its useful to you.

regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Will you please share me the material related to lotus and SAP configuration and connection. Looking forward your reply.

rgupta66 attherate csc.com

Thanks in advance.

Roshan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone please explain me about this little more.the same requirement we have but the diffrence is the clint is not using domino.they are using lotus notes only fr mailing purpose.and they have ITS in place.

Please reply

VijayasekarK
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you raise a new ...Question...since this Q was raised by me....Users will get confused

-- regards vijay

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijayasekar,

currently there are 3 solutions available for Lotus Notes - SAP R/3 (ABAP) integration based on RFC:

- LEI SAP connector from IBM (Lotus --> SAP)

- it.smart-connect from itelligence (Lotus <--> SAP)

- ZeNotes from konplan (Lotus <--> SAP)

the two latter ones offer bidirectional communication (outbound and inbound calls) whereas the IBM LEI only connects unidirectional from Lotus Notes to SAP.

All partners (IBM, itelligence and konplan) have experiences and examples on that form of connectivity. Pls. contact me directly so that I can forward our contacts at those partner to you.

Regards

Michael

MichaelSambeth
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi!

please find an example for SAP R/3 and Lotus Notes workflow integration based on the IBM Domino LEI connector here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7e05ec90-0201-0010-81b5-bda...

or

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6757ceef-0201-0010-3996-a77...

The example als includes source code snippets.

Regards

Michael