cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Large Scale Role Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing CUP on a very large scale at my company, in production we will have Eight ABAP instances (ECC,CRM,SRM,SCM,BI,HR, GTS etc) and another Five Portals. In order to make the role selection process more manageable for end users, I plan on using the Role Mapping Feature Extensivly, perhaps having close to 1,500 Main Roles mapped to thousands of real ABAP and Portal Roles (example below)

Main Role (Supply Chain Manager New England)

Mapped Role (Supply Chain Manager Portal)

Mapped Role (Supply Chain Manager New England ECC)

Mapped Role (Supply Chain Manager New England SCM)

Essentially, the end user would only see and select the main role and would via mapping get the real backend and portal roles.

So my question is, has anyone used Role mapping on such a large scale before? and has there been any issues?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher,

I have not used ROle mapping on such large scale but there are no limitations and there should not be any issue in achieving this scenario. Let me know if you face any issues.

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196034
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using Role mapping in my company.

Our need for role mapping is due to our CUA composite structure containing shell roles with pointers (RFC target destinations) to the child systems containing single roles with authorisations.

Mapping overcame a limitation in RAR to analyse the authorisations obtained through RFC pointers.

So far we have only used a sample set of composites with singles mapped to them but will be uploading thousands next week.

The potential issues you face depend on your authorisation concept in use.

For example, in your mapping reflects your Composite/Single Role assignment, then you will face the following.

Adding a composite using CUP will also add the singles mapped to the composite. So in the CUA system you will see the same single role twice, one in blue (assigned via composite) and one in black (assigned via CUP Mapping).

I'm happy to discuss further on the phone if easier where we can share more of our challenges.

Thanks,

Babak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers, as we get closer to implementation I will follow up if there are any issues following this model for role mapping.