cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using External java within web dynpro DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm new in web dynpro and I'm facing a problem.

I'm doing a web dynpro DC application and I want to use some external java classes I have created into my DC. But I don't really know how to do it, I tried EJB but I don't exactly how it works.

by the way, I was using a stand along web dynpro before and this worked fine, I just needed to create a package within my web dynpro project with all my class architecture to have them directly. but now with the DC stuff, it's not the same at all. so please help

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tierry,

Refer blog /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-development-components

Kind Regards,

Nitin Jain

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Better you create a Java Development component and add all your java classes to that DC and build it.

Create a webdynpro DC to develop front end and add the java DC in used DC's of your Webdynpro DC.

This is the way you can use the java classes effectively with out redundancy.

If you create a package inside a normal webdynpro project, then you can not reuse them later in other webdynpro proj

Go with SAP component model by creating 2 development components one for java and other for webdynpro and define the reusability (Used DC's) in DC Metadata.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

thanks for answering, I would like to ask you something, to define the reusability in web dynpro DC, do I

need to put the java packages I have created within the java DC in the public part? and also set the permission to true?

thanks in advance

cheers

Tierry