Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How define background job, after a job, daily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

i need to create several Jobs, one after another. i'm working with R/3 enterprise.

I can create a Job after another, but I can't put it daily.

anyone knows how I can define job, after a specific job, daily???

THANKS!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can define one job, with mulitple steps. This way each step will be fired after the last and you can set this job to run daily.

WHen setting up your job, click start condition button, click date/time, enter the date/time of the first run, then click periodic values, select daily.

Welcome to SDN!

Regards,

RIch Heilman

6 REPLIES 6

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can define one job, with mulitple steps. This way each step will be fired after the last and you can set this job to run daily.

WHen setting up your job, click start condition button, click date/time, enter the date/time of the first run, then click periodic values, select daily.

Welcome to SDN!

Regards,

RIch Heilman

0 Kudos

Thank Rlch!!! I haven't see that!!! I think with that I can solve the problem. Thanks!!!!

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SM36 transaction the is an option to set the job frequency as daily.

Use it to schedule your job on a daily basis.

Or use the wizard to create your job.

It will give you an option to specify the frequency of the job run.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oscar,

If the first job is scheduled then doesn't the other jobs follow that?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi! thanks. the problem was that I was put the job one after another, and i was making several Jobs! with the multiple step I think that the problem is solved. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

If you want to execute the Background jobs one by one(sequence order),

Goto <b>SM36</b> and create a Background job, then create another job then press <b>Start condition</b>, in this one there is a tab after JOB, here give the job name, os the will be run after this job complets

another way is there, if you want to run the jobs in a sequence, there is a <b>TAB called STEP</b>, create a Job name then press the tab STEP, here give the first job name then press the create button then create the second job name.. like this you can give N number of background Programs one by one

hope you got the answer

Thanks

Sudheer