cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backing out the inventory-stock at vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm trying to remove the inventory from the system with the mvt type 201 in the previous period. I'm doing this because i need to change the batch manmagement indicator on the matmas. I'm able to succesfully back out the inventory from the previous period. When i go to change the batch management indicator on the matmas, system gives me messge that stock exists at vendor. But i do not see any stock at vendor in MMBE. Because of this i'm unable to chagne the indicator. Please help

Thanks

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you select special stock indicator befor running MMBE? Please check it via trx MBLB.

You cannot use MB1A + 201 to eliminate stock at vendor. Try 551O or move your stock to your SLoc and use MB1A + 201 there.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see anything in MBLB. also i checked the MB51i see a line for 551 - GI for scrapping, and then a transfer posting from stock at vendor to our sloc with mvt type 542+. Please explain this

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

look with SE16 into table MSLB.

Even special stock at vendor has a field for previous period stock.

So you need to remove vendor previous period stock like you do it with standard stock.

If you have no current stock at vendor, then you need to create it, e.g. with 202 O movement.

Then you need to issue the previous period stock with 201 O movement.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to cancel all goods movement in current period and only after that you can eliminate the stock in previous period.

Other option is to wait and change the indicator on the first day of next month (period).

...or you have to pay to SAP AG to change the batch management indicator w/o eliminating stock, open transactional data...

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the goods movement in relation to the "O" special stock of your vendor (you are speaking about) in the current peiod and try to recalculate the stock on the last day of last period.

You have to eliminate that stock by the use of MB1A + 201 + posting date in the past.

Regards,

Csaba