cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make-to-Order scenario along with unrestricted use stock (combination)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a unique requirement, wherein the user wants to use MTO, but including 'unrestricted-use' stock.

ie

1. If there is 'unrestricted-use' stock available, then MRP should use that for the sale order.

2. After 'unrestricted-use' stock is exhausted, MRP should generate a PR to satisfy the sale order requirement.

The link between sale order and PR/PO needs to maintained here. (This is needed to de-allocate the stock from a particular SO and allocate it to another SO if needed)

I have tried strategy gp '20' and '41' with the following settings in the MRP views, without success:

(either I am able to consume the stock and have no link between SO and PO, or I am able to link SO and

PO, without consuming the 'unrestricted-use' stock)

MRP type: PD

MRP Group: 0020

Lot Size: EX

Wondering if any standard SAP setting/procedure will help achieve it. I would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

GShankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think this can be achieved through standard settings. As you would be aware in MTO scenario, only after creating sale order, costing run will be made, followed by procurement of components, productionisation and finally despatch takes place.

This being the case, even if you have a look at MMBE, you can see the stock would be reserved against sale order only which cannot be diverted to any other sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use the functionality of SAP Product reservation and de allocate manually .

Develop Z program .

It will make system to slow and combursom.

Companies implemented are facing problems. So discuss with business and simplify the requirmeent

Thanks

RK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

I have tried using the following MRP strategies - 31 , 33 , and 41.

These are the ones that come close to fitting the user's requirements. There is of course no SO-PO link.

Seems that we have to manually create a report to do that.

Thanks once again,

GShankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a bunch for your replies.

Leaving aside the MTO scenario approach, is there any other way in standard SAP that can accomplish

the requirement - ie consume unrestricted stock if present and then create PR if necessary.

I believe this is a common requirement for many customers.

Our user does not want any customized approach and hence the research into std SAP solution.

Regds,

GShankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

actually, your scenario is more appropriately Make-to-Stock/Sales-from-Stock. if the order quantities exceed available stock on hand, and after you run MRP, the system will show you how much to procure to meet the order requirements.

this requirement is expressed generally as "planned order", which could be converted either to a purchase requisition (if externally procured) or a production order (if internally procured).

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in addition to the above, after running MRP or when running the availability check, you can see the list of requirements and the link to the sales orders. in this case, the requirements are expressed as "customer orders".

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

MTO is make to order and the stocks are make to order and stocks are produced for that order

That means the sales order triggers the production process

So based on sales order the stocks are produced and the supply is made to that sales order

That stocks are for that sales order and cannot be used by others

Unrestricted means any one can (any order) use that stocks

Linking both of them is basically illogical

what i have told is not SAP this is business process

SAP understands this by a single SD settings

That is in sales order item category of MTO is marked with special stock indicator E and thro this only system understands that the stocks are sales order stocks

When we do MB1C in MTO we use movement type 561E

So you can try by removing the special stock indicator E while creating the sales order and

after the stocks are produced you can use MB1C movement type 561 so it will be in unrestricted

But this is against logics

If the business demand this you can try this

Regards

Raja