cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Distribution limited to 999

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are creating a document distribution list for the entire company (+-2000 users).

When we distribute to the list only the first 999 distributions go through succesfully, the rest fail.

Has any one else had this issue before?

Thanks

Warren Buss

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about this, but I think Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW) will help.

The LSM Workbench is an R/3-based tool that supports, when transferring data from non-SAP systems ("Legacy Systems") to R/3 once or periodically.

The data can then be imported into the R/3 system via batch input, direct input, BAPIs or IDocs.Furthermore, the LSM Workbench provides a recording function that allows to generate a "data migration object" in an entry or change transaction.

Regards,

Seema P.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Warren

How you are creating Distribution List.By SO15 or CVI1?

I will try to do it on my system.Please elaborate the method.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

We are creating a new recipient list in the background every day. This is due to the large number of HR movements that occur every day. We use the org structure to create the list but distribute to the positions on the list. We also filter out all blank positions etc.

The list that is created has all the positions in it that is required, but when the actual distribution is executed only the first 999 work.

It seems as if it is a restriction in the code of SAP, but we can't find anything.

I have looked at the note, but it is for 4.5. We are currently running ECC6.

Thanks

Warren Buss

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Warren

If you are on ECC 6.0 then check same program in ECC 6.0.may be you will get some hint there.

Debug and check.At this time I have this answer only.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you wanna use Document distribution only my solution may not help u.

Suppose you have DIR created and saved.

If You need to send to all the User's of your company, Go to CV02n or CV03n and choose service for object Icon and you get the Send Email option .

You down above to the Text column you can find Icon for "CREATE DISTRIBUTION LIST".

Copy the 2000 Employee ID's name and paste under Recipient List Line item.

Now select ALL and choose "CREATE DISTRIBUTION LIST". .

Enter Value for Name & Title and save it under Private folder as target List.

Advantage : Not only the Document you can send Since Send object with note functionality is available for all change and display functionality for all transaction - you can circulate any information to the entire company.

This could be a Workaround.

Regards

Fapreeth

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fapreeth

I tried, But system hangs.I have around 2500 users on our IDES system.

will wait for warren to try on his system and his test results.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Warren

check for the note . May be usefull

Note 118034 - DDS - Error when starting distributn (system term.)

With Regards

Mangesh Pande