Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget providing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts...........

Im having confusion regarding Budget

In Investmentmangement projects

After craeting project....they will provide budget through cj30 only or someother process?

In my scenario i dont have AR.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Budget you can control Budget at level of IM Program position ID via IM32 - Edit Original

IM30 - Edit Supplements

IM38 - Edit Returns

The same budget you can distribute to Project /WBS ( Measures ) via IM 52.

This is normally std. scenario for hte IM / PS integration. This make sense that you are consumsing the budget of your IM node for the project. And gives coorect picture in IM reporting...

If you want, you can direclty provide budget to WBS via cj30 along with this process. ( this is normally used for some special type of process where there is no budget approval is required from IM )

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin thanx dear.

Now i got doubt(it may be silly)

While everytime creating project they will craete Investment programme,structure.

still now i have understood like this

Investprogramm...invest structure...alloacting budget to tht structure.im32

For ex:in structure...lets assume i gave 1000 to costcenter

this 1000 rs will reduce by how?im getting confuese

whether by using im52 we will give to projects for particular costcenter projects?

Day by day something going wrong...my friend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your Investment structure based on Cctr?

If yes, then ur each Cctr will be a program posn and they will have investment measures attach to it such as Projects,Internal Orders,Maintenance Orders etc.

So say if your one Cctr is having 3 PS proj and one Maintenance Order then u can distriute this 1000 bugs to the 4 items i.e. 3proj and 1 Maint Order. You cannot distribute more then 1000. Once your 1000 rs are distributed the Prog posn will be out of budget and you can utilise individual budget on 3 proj and 1 order to execute them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sarang

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not confues.. At very basic lelve IM module is having IM Program defination ( say line if business ) which we create in IM01.

Take ex. of service project of your internal asset. Based on your Organisation unit you will be having servicing for

X line of business say meters.

Y line of Business say Biological instrments.

like as...

So for this line of business you create IM program via IM01.

say fo ex. you ahve created X line of business XMET as IM program

Once you create IM program and you can create structure for the same IM22.

say for ex. XMET program you have created structure like as

XMET - ABC - 1 ( here ABC is say perticutlat plant / region )

XMET - ABC -1-1(here 1-1 is sub plant / region for your business organization )

Normally when you create project in Cj20n and if the same is Investment project than you assign IM profile to that project. After that you norma;lly in CJ20n via path EDIT>WBS>IM Program-->Investment prog. You assign the last IM nod to Level 1 WBS normally....

So, if you have done like this than you can distribute budget via IM 52 from that IM progm ( last nod ) to WBS.... One you distribute the budget , you budget at IM will get reduced by that amt.

This is end to end process.

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa lot my friends

Nitin u have given super example to understand overview.

Sarang....thanx for sharing your view.

Alex....thank u

Regards

Chandra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CJ30 is the correct transaction for entering budget. Additionally you may transfer amounts to and from the budget with CJ35-CJ38. Additionally IMCCP3 is a useful transaction - it helps to transfer costs from planning to budget, so you avoid double work to budget your project.

Kind regards, Aleksandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx alex.........for your valuable inputs.

In my scenario their is no cost plan.

so i can use.....like this flow/ creating project....cj30 providing budget...in year and over all...then release project...then network...activuity...int and external

Normally in IM projects External they will be use only for service wht?

Regards