Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting changes to Infotype 2001 data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise me how write a program to report Additions, Amendments and Deletions of Infotype 2001? I know this must be held somewhere because the report Logged Changes in Infotype Data (S_AHR_61016380) shows this but I can't see where this data is held or how to report it.

I'm fairly new to ABAP so the more help (& code?) you can give me the better.

Thanks in advance, Gill

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The changes to the infotype are visible in the infotype itself. This infotype corresponds to table PA2001, if you look at this table in se16, you can see that there are multiple records per employee, each record will have a different effectivity date. Each time a change is made the current record's end date is set, and a new record is created with end date as 12/31/9999.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the infotype 2001 is logged for channges , you can use the standard program RPUAUD00 to display the list of changes.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

P.S Welcome to SDN & pl regard helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

Rich - When we delete a record in 2001 the corresponding record in PA2001 is also deleted.

We need to be able to see any deletions (& amendments & additions). Is there a way to see this

in PA2001 - perhaps there's some config we need to do?

Suresh - I hadn't thought of using the output of the RPUAUD00 report but you're right - we could

use this - I just hoped we could get the data in a more easily useable format. e.g. if we could

get it directly from a table as Rich suggests that would be easier than reformatting the output of

RPUAUD00. Do you know how we could access the tables behind RPUAUD00 directly?

All the best, Gill

0 Kudos

Hi Gill,

Unfortunately there is now easy way out for this kind of Audit. PL go through the Program Documentation of RPUAUD00. The usage of this report is very clearly explained in there. When an infotype is logged for changes, the data is stored in the PCL4 Cluster. If you do not like the output of the report, you can copy it & modify the output to suit your needs, instead of creating a whole new Program. Either way you will have to import tha data from PCL4.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Suresh Datti