Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about user mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello every one

i have a question that is....

we configuration users mapping between SAP portal and R/3 System.

in this case, we know the user's IDs are "one to one" relationship.

but some times, we have to integrate the more external system such as BI system or others.

so how to map the users as "one to more" relationship in the portal?

waiting for your reply.

thinks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One user is mapped to one user for each system that you created in portal.

You will get all the system alias sa drop down in identiy management wherein you can map the portal user to different systems.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raghavendranath

we do the user mapping operation in identiy management of the portal

it is only allows your to select one system alias in the reference system drop-down menu

but we have several system need to mapping.

if there can multi-select the system, then it's just my mind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are any of your usernames the same? For example, is the portal user the same as either the R/3 or BI username?

The reference system allows you to point to 1 single system as the default source for user mapping. At run time it will populate the SSO cookie with your portal username and the mapped ABAP username.

If you have different usernames in R/3 and BI, then you can use user mapping to each system and give them differerent aliases. As Anja said, the iViews point to a system alias and the system alias can have a single mapped user for each portal user. So, if your portal username is ZZZ and in R/3 you are known as XXX and in BI you are known as UUU, then you make an alias for the R/3 system and map your XXX username/password to that alias and make another alias for the BI system and map your UUU username/password to that alias.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the question was understanded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi worker-zhuang,

If you want to map portal users with users from another SAP syatem, you should to setup SSO. In this blog SSO setup describe very understandable and clear.

Regards

Dmitriy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello every one

as you talk, i can understand that..

but i dont know how to operation.

because there is no relevant administration UI show me to do that.

might be i am wrong.

so , can you tell me the process flow for you talk above ? --- step by step

this question make me morosely long time.

so please ... please

thank you very much!

i'm waitting......

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I will try:

1. in System Administration > System Configuration > System Landscape create your own folder and a system there in - one for your R/3 backend, one for BI:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/ec/0fe43d19734b5ae10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Don't forget to test the connections.

2. Enable User Mapping and maintain the mapping data for both systems:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/0d/fd76a0c4e0834ba1a17698d0b5553d/frameset.htm

There are 2 ways to map users: by Administrator tool or the users shall enter their own data:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b6/8b9aea8d7c11d5bdd8006094191908/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b6/8b9af08d7c11d5bdd8006094191908/frameset.htm

3. Within Content Administration open the properties of the iView you would like to assign to a system. There you will find a property named 'System'. Choose the one with the correct user mapping for your context.

Hope this clarifies to you.

Cheers,

Anja

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, it's not possible to map one portal user to several user ids in one system object. But you can define several system objects - for example one for R/3 and one for BI. Now you can map a portal user to one user in R/3 and one user in BI. You need to define in your iView which system object should be relevant.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anja Kloetzer

thanks for your reply.

as your said, i want map a portal user to one user for R/3 and one user for BI at the same times.

but i cannt understand this meaning --> You need to define in your iView which system object should be relevant.

is the user mapping operation relevant to iView defintion?

if yes, can you tell me the more ?

thanks!