Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel formatting is incorrect when downloading from report list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have a strange problem where the display in the general list output of report is correct, but when we actually download the same data into Excel(xml) format few fields are being merged into one cell.

Navigation from the report output: (Menu: List-> Save/send -> File - > Spredsheet)

Can anybody suggest the way to avoid these merging of values of different columns into once cell.

The values are actually merging at the material description field (MAKTX), it is pulling all the other next field values into one cell when the material descriotion field is ending with characters , or / etc.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ram

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are using the fm gui_upload......

Pass the paramter value ie field_seperator = 'X'....

Hope it solves your problem

Regards

Ramakrishna Pathi

0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

Thanks for your reply. Here the report output is a normal write statement in the internal table loop.

We got the correct output in the report list output. But when we try to download it into the excel file as mentioned in my query(navigation). Few fields are merging into one cell.

Rg,

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi K B,

send me the sample code so that we can able to provide the solution for your requirement

Regards

Ramakrishna Pathi

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

If you are using GUI_DOWNLOAD then, use 'DBF' in the FILETYPE field and try.

ags.

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a custom report, you would face this problem. I also face this problem and the solution i got was:

I used function modules to download my internal table to an excel file. I needed to restructure my original data into a new internal table before i passed it to the function module to download that internal table to an excel. It was a bit of coding but output was as per the format client needed.

If you try this, it would work.

Regards,

Ravi