Did you mean: 

Subcontracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

Hope you can help me.

The scenario is as given here:

Material A is produced in-house.

The components in the BOM of material A are B & C.

C is procured externally. Bom of C consists of D

D is produced in-house and supplied to the vendor for the production of C.

Current settings:

Material A & D - procurement type = E --> finished goods

Material C - proc type = F 30 --> semi finished good

My requirement is that when a production order is created for A, the system should trigger either a planned order or a production order for D. How can this be done? Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

if the settings are as you described, then running the MRP after creating the order for A will accomplish the task.

Planned Order A --> DepReq for C

after MRP

DepReq for C --> Planned Order for C (future SC order)

Planner Order for C --> DepReq for D

DepReq for D --> Planned Order for D (to be converted in Production Order)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all the replies.

Yes, MRP is run. On executing the MRP run, a planned order is created for material A, a purchase requisition for material C but there is no planned order for material D. Instead, there is an entry 'SubReq' for material D. How can I get a planned order for material D?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think there is enough stock is available of material D. Thats y the requirement is not generated.

Plz check and confirm.

Regds,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Rajesh. The available qty is 5000 and the required qty is 8000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshin,

Plz both C and D material stk. As per D material requirement from C is 8000 and D stock is 5000.

So planned order has to generate of 3000. Plz check master data for D like routing is created or not bcoz this inhouse produce materal.

Plz revert.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopes BOM status of C is active

Please check MRP views are properly maintained for material D

Check whether any production version exist.

Just explode BOM of C in CS12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

C has no stock and D has a routing created. What else could be the problem?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Sarin! BOM status of C is active. The MRP views of D are properly maintained and there are no production versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roshin

Is there any re order point, maximium stock level maintained maintained,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshin,

I am sure there is something missing in master data like,

Mateial master MRP 1 view with MRP type like PD or VB

with respect to MRP type lot size

Procurement key

Availiviltiy check

BOM status should be active

Both BOM and Routing validity date.

You can also check with manual cration of planned order to get clarrify either any missing in master data.

planned order you can create from MD11 as with planned order profile LA - Stock order.

Plz check and revert.

Regds,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh, MRP type is P1

lot size - ZS (weekly)

procurement key - E

Availability check - 02

BOM status - 1- active

BOM and Routing valid till 31.12.9999

I also created a planned order successfully for material D using MD11.

Sarin, re order point = 0

maximum stock level = 0

maximum lot size = 5000

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope in MRP 4 view no storage location MRP is maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshin,

Your problem is solved..or not.

As per your given details based on MRP type P1 this is use for firming requirement with planning time fence. So what is your planning time fence check this master details.

Logically with planning time fence automatic change in plan is not allowed.

Check your material master details for this material. This is happening bcoz of days calculation with lot size procedure. With exact details only i can help u further.

Check master details and try.

Regds,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

No, my problem is not yet solved. The planning time fence is 14 days. What could be the problem?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OMDY , for you plant , leave the maximum pur. ord. per date field blank. Then run MRP again & check if it is generating the planned order .

Alternatively, check the material master for C, in MRP 4 , if you have given indicator 1 in MRP dep. req. field. It should be blank.

Try & revert back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Feby, I have tried. Still there is no planned order - only an entry for SubReq.

The field 'MRP dep. requirements' is blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try standard weekly lot size "WB " instead of ZS & see if you are getting the result. Also check at the end of MRP run if you are getting 'Materials with terminated MRP list.'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Feby, I changed to WB and executed MRP for single item multi-level for material A, C & D but there is no difference. There is no terminated list either. But for material D, in the order report for the entry 'SubReq', there is an exception message 40 which says 'coverage not provided by master plan'. Is this the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is there any solution to this? Hope someone could help. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

With what you have described I presume your are presently using MM Subcontracting for "C".

Please use PP subcontracting for "C. It should work.

Here you will have to show "C" as semi-finished material or finished material, have a Task List (Rrouting or master recipe depending upon your process) for "C" and this task list should have an external operation. Please maintain info recordes in MM for subcontracting WITHOUT a material. Because the external operation in task list only takes info records without material.

I am using a similar setup.

Best regards,

Hanish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hanish, thanks a lot for the reply. But I did not fully understand. The material C is a semi finished good. Is the special procurement key F 30 right for C? Is it ok to create a routing for C even though it is not manufactured here (it is manufactured by the vendor using our product D which is produced here)? Appreciate your expert opinion on this. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hanish, thanks for the reply. I had posted a reply earlier. I created a routing for C with an external operation but there is no difference. Could it be because the routing is not correct? What should be the control key used? Do I need to do anything else to get the planned order generated for material D when there is a requirement for A? Thanks a lot for your time.

Best Regards,

Roshin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roshin,

Please check in MD04 , there is not all any planned order is there or only for this requirement planned order is not there ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP_LOVER, thanks for the reply. I had created an independent requirement using MD61 and run MRP for this material D and planned order was generated but not for the requirement from material C. Is it SAP standard that there won't be any planned orders generated for the entry 'SubReq'? Or is there any additional settings that must be done?

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u attempt a single item single level MRP execution of D in your plant are revert with the results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal, I executed a single item single level MRP run for D and got the same result. There is only an entry with SubReq for the material C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz remove the F 30,30 only for cross company transation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jackie, thanks for the reply.

Finished good D is produced in-house and send to the vendor who returns semi finished good C.

That's why C has F 30 as proc key. So if we remove 30, the purchase requisition generated after MRP run will not have the component D that has to be supplied to the vendor. In addition to that, there won't be any dependent requirement for D. (I have tested this)

My requirement is that a planned order should be generated on MRP run for D also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check by changing Availability check to 01 or 02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarin, I changed the availability check from 02 to 01 and tried, but it made no difference. What else could be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

MRP-4 view, MRP dep. requirements value has set as 1 or Blank. You might have set as 1. That could be the reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

- If everything find perfect then go to MD05 and check for Exception msgs for that Halb and Fert Code.

- And Most important thing check Planning file entry of all BOM components including Halb also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshin

Change the proc type of C to X (both proc types), run MRP for A & check.

Rgds

UK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kartik, I changed the proc type and executed the MRP run, but no change.

Sarin, there is no storage location in MRP4 view and the MRP dep requirements is blank. But planning file entries are blank. Could this be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roshin

I tested it & I got planned order. Pl remove the sp proc key 30 also & run MRP again.

Rgds

UK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik, the semi finished good C is for subcontracting. So would it be right to remove sp. proc key 30? The material D is produced in house and given to the vendor who uses D to produce C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshin,

You are running MRP Run for the same or your creating manual production order.

If your your executin MRP Run then as per your master data setting system will give you purchase requisition for component C. This is bcoz as per procurement type F and sp proc key 30.

Planned order is generated only wen procurement type for external is F or X. This is with mrp parameter selection like planned order/purchase requisition.

plz ask if not clear.

Regds,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With this settings have you run MRP for the item A with single item multi level.

Pl. run & see.

Regards

YMREDDY