Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a scenario like this:

I have maintained project stock for my materials.

I have activated commitment management, and relevant settings of valuation class, cost element category etc.

Now I plan material using item cat. L and create Res + Purch. Req. I plan activities in my project in Tcode CJ20N & then I budget the project in CJ30.

When I see the report S-ALR-87013558 initially, when there are no confirmation and goods receipt/issue

Budget = 1000

Commitment = 300

RemOrder Plan = 700

Assigned = 1000

Available 700

In this case:

1.) When I try to make changes in work in my planned activities, system allows to increase the planned costs upto 1000 ( because my budget is 1000 but rem. order plan is 700, so system will alow upto 1000, but after that it gives error of budget exceeded).

Whereas reqmnt is: system shall not allow to increase the costs more than 700. and shud a;;ow only after budget supplement

2.) the moment I do GRN, the consumption account is hit, and actual costs are updated in the project.

Requirement is : The atual cost should get updated at the time of Goods Issue and not GRN

pls help.

Regards,

VDS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Try these solution and test to see if your requirements are met:

1. Restricting Planned order to 70%- In Budget tolerance settings, instead of inserting lines with Tolerance Group as ++, create seperate lines for each tolerance grp for eg 00, 01, 02....

As 02 is for orders for Project, set it as error (3) for 70%

2. You are probably using 'Non Valuated Project Stock'. Change it to 'Valuated Project' stock if you do not want actual cost to get posted on the project upon GRN.

with regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the commitment mangement is active the system will check for the commitment line item also Like PO.

See actually in your case the PO is raised with the Account assignment of your network or WBS.

So the commitment line item is get updated & when do the GR the Actual cost is updated in the Network & project.

You are raising the PR with reservation then PR then PO,please check the account assignmnet in PO & PR.

The process should be once you do the reservation the system will run the MRP & make the Planned order.Now when the planned order should convert to PR it should convert as with account assignment Q- Project make to order.or P - Project.the system will ask for the WBS.

Specify the WBS then the procurement will done with reference to WBS.

When you do GR the actual cost wont update.The system receive the stock & update the inventory stock with WBS key.

When you take the report in MBBS the system will show the list of stock under WBS & List of issue pending.

Once you issue from inventory stock the actual cost will be updated.

Regards,

Raj