cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Insp Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I can put material directly into quality insp stock with MB1B. then what is use of maintaining inspection type in MM02 QA screen???????????????????????????????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
or we can use same for material return from customer ???

For sales returns, you should not use MB1B instead, as you already stated, maintain quality view where if you click inspection type, 05 or 06 would be for sales returns which you have to maintain there.

Once you maintain that inspection type, as and when you do PGR, automatically, the respective stock will go to quality for their clearance / rejection.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi laxmipathi ,

Thxx.. i was expecting the same answer.

Now my main question is ...I want to be able to return consignment stock through sd (pick up)directly to quality insp stock .

Movement type 632 is now used to transfer consignment stock to own unrestricted.

What can i do ?

In MM02, I enter the material code for which I am creating consignment pick up and selected "Quality Management" view. & assign inspection type 06- Inspection for Returns from Customer

& marked post to insp stock.

but still stock is not shown in quality insp stock. am i missing something???

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you use movement type 632 the stocks becomes your own unrestricted

To transfer them to quality MB1B with movement type 322 (suggested in morning too)

By doing this the material is under or sent for quality inspection

QI stocks cannot be used for sales orders

For the material to undergo quality check and clear the inspection the material should have quality view activated in it with type of inspection and other details etc

First you are sending them for QI

For the material to have successful clearance of QI the QM view in its master record should have beem activated

Doing MB1B **** your stocks to QI

QM view in material master makes sure that your material undergoes QI like( inspection type etc)

So in your case without MB1B the stocks will not sit in quality

MB1B is tranasfer posting (the heading itself is self explanatory) means under MM control stocks are shifted from one place to another

Unrestriced to restricted

one plant to another plant

one storage location to another storage location that is transfer the postings from one storage location to another etc

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Through MB1B we can just transafer the stock, once it reaches into our plant ( Premises ).

Maintaining the Quality view at MM01 is to ensure that the materials that comes from vendor should go for the quality inspection.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Through MM02 , you maintain that while after despatch ,the productive material should go to Quality Inspection or not.

If you don't want the material to go for Quality Inspection , then don't maintain the Quality Tab in MM02.

For ex. in Export Scenario, if the material is at the Port Plant, then after delivery ,it will not have Quality Inspection.So in that case, that material after extending to PORT Plant, will not have Quality Inspection Tab.

I tried my best to clarify your query.

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

thxx for reply..... inspection type used only for the material comming from vendor or we can use same for material return from customer ???????????????????

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.In returns Delivery,there is no need for Quality Inspection.

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i want to inspect material reurn from the customer & according to QA inspection either it will scrap or repair ....in this scenario i want to put material to quality ins stock.