cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double byte file name in KM NW04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prior to NetWeaver 04 using the HTML editor, we could name a file in a double byte language (Simplified/Traditional Chinese) by entering the English name in the "ID" field and then entering the double byte name in the "Name" field using "File/Details". While this was not elegant, it worked and would allow users to see the double byte name. Now in NetWeaver 04 we receive the error message "! name is not a canonical name" . Is there a way to name files in double byte using HTML or TEXT editors so our users can see the double byte name?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

please see SAP Note 507624, it describes this error and may solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I'm working with Rick on the issue.

I've tried the following (per OSS Note 507624), but we still get the "name is not canonical name" error.

Added the following parameters via configtool to server instances:

-Dhtmlb.useUTF8=X

-Dfile.encoding=UTF8

Added the following parameters via configtool to server instances:

-Dhtmlb.useUTF8=X

-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1

Set the following on <sid>adm account before starting portal (in combination with parameter settings above):

setenv LC_ALL en_US.UTF-8

locale

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

Unfortunately, these have not corrected the issue.

Have I misinterpreted the recommendations in the Note or is there something else I needed to do?

Thanks,

Fred Bennett

frederick.bennett@kodak.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you may be able to make some progress in analyzing the issue by mounting the repository through WebDAV, and then experiment trying to copy files with non-ASCII characters in the filename through the WebDAV client. Does this work? If not, you should have a look at the server logs.

Best regards, Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boris,

Thank you! I'm not sure why I had problems when I was trying this originally, but I've managed, with further help from your colleagues (ref. OSS Msg 272695) to make SAP Note 507624 work. In the end, I added the following parameters to the server instances:

-Dhtmlb.useUTF8=X

-Dfile.encoding=UTF8

and set the following on <sid>adm account's .cshrc:

setenv LC_ALL en_US.UTF-8

That eventually did the trick.

Thanks for the help.

Fred