Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HR Upgrade 4.6b to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Presently i am in preparation phase of SAP HR Technical upgrade (4.6 B to ECC 6.0) from ABAP side.

I have stepwise process details but i don't have experience in Upgrade projects.

so Pls help me with

1. Check list to start with

2.Issues faced during upgrade

3.Precautions to be taken

4.Major objects to check

/ Lalit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

You need to start with the SPDD, SPAU and UCCHECK activity.

1. Then in the remediation part you need to check the syntax of all the programs. The issue were faced like some z-programs used some sub-routine in standard includes. So there maybe a change in the parameters, that you need to check.

2. The z-functions you need to check whether they are ok.

3. Some standard schema and functions have been change you need to check that.

4. Some transactions are removed and given alternative transactions.

5. Includes for some of the user exits have been changed you need to replace the code.

6. Payroll cluster version has been changed you need to run the conversion program.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Br/Manas

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

You need to start with the SPDD, SPAU and UCCHECK activity.

1. Then in the remediation part you need to check the syntax of all the programs. The issue were faced like some z-programs used some sub-routine in standard includes. So there maybe a change in the parameters, that you need to check.

2. The z-functions you need to check whether they are ok.

3. Some standard schema and functions have been change you need to check that.

4. Some transactions are removed and given alternative transactions.

5. Includes for some of the user exits have been changed you need to replace the code.

6. Payroll cluster version has been changed you need to run the conversion program.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Br/Manas

0 Kudos

Hi Manas

Thanks for the reply. I have one more question here to ask.

Before starting the SPDD / SPAU activity I want to be sure about the safety of my data so that data doesnt get lost during upgrade . I understand that we have to take care of this fact while doing the SPDD activity .

But there is a possibility that certain tables might not be there in ECC 6.0 which were available in 4.6B. Could you please provide me with the list of such tables.

Moreover in general , could you please let me know the pre requisites for doing an upgrade from an ABAP perspective. Or anyother tips you would like to share with us so that we finish this upgrade successfully.

Thanks in advance.

/Lalit

0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

After upgrade SPDD will give the list of deleted objects in the system. In our case there were no objects from HR side.

Before upgrade all the test script should be there in place, specifically testing of standard transactions.

Check with the client you they are going for unicode conversion.

Decide which Landscape strategy you are going to use. If you are setting up a new system for upgrade then you need to keep track of the transport which is happening in normal support system so that after the upgrade same can be replicated there.

Need to finialize the production system downtime after upgrade because it affects the data feed to the outbound/inbound interfaces.

Br/Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally in upgradation project we suppose to use the below tocdes

SPAU--- SAP standard objects(programs and function modules)

SPDD--- SAP standard data dictionary objects

UCCHECK or SE95--- provide the flag to all the se38 programs(Attributes section we need to enable the unicode check active button)

most of the work is replacing obsolete statements like in the older verison we have ws_upload has been replaced by gui_upload and gui_download

open dataset file for ouput has been replaced by open dataset file for ouput encoding default

check with SLIN and code inspector errors in the newer version system

And finally using tcode DBACOCKPIT we need to provide the missing indexes in newer version

Regards

Ramakrishna Pathi