cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiply Prop Factors with a KF value ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In DP 5.0, Can we multiply Proportional Factors with another KF values in a macro ?

I want to write a macro with APODPDANT mulitiplied by another KF with its value. Is it possible ? Because when i look at Prop Factors, i see them as 42,000/40,000 like that. Only when i go to percentae view, then i can see actual factors. So can i use these actual factors to multiply in a macro ?

If not, how can i use them to multiply with another KF in a macro ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I am realising now that it cant be multiplied. Have to think on some other way to get my task done.

Closing the thread.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If you know the logic of calculation of proportional factor( I mean system generated proportinal factor), you can apply same logic to calculate same proportional factor for another key figure & use same key figure to create your new logic.

Hope this will help you...

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujay,

Thanks for your reply. But I didnt follow that.

I calculate PF out of history and stored in APODPDANT. Those PFs i want to use in a macro to multiply with a value in another KF. Like A x B. I dont want to create again PF in another KF. Only the history PF to be used for multiplication in the macro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system calculates the proportional factor by multiplying the KF values in a CVC as well as the total to a very large value and then maintains the proportions.

Thus the absolute values displayed in APODPDANT are really not of much use.

Please try to build some other logic.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & regards

Ankur Shrivastava