cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in idoc posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where some 20 to 25 Idocs which r at 64 status are processed by the batch program(for rbdapp01) to post them in the system.What happens is some idocs take few extra secs for processing so the the other idocs get posted in 51 status saying material and batch is locked by the batch program....

what we do is we go reprocess the idocs manually..

This happens frequently now...

So whatz the possible solution for this...?

Pls help...

Thanks,

Larry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

In code check whether lock exist for material and batch. If lock exists wait for some seconds and then post doucment. You can use ENQUE_READ function module to read lock details.

The above solution is useful if you are using BAPI or Call transaction to post document in SAP.

Regards,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can run this application RBDMANI2, it will reprocess all once again. Once you schedule this job, though it is comes to status 51 ( means the material is locked, it will reprocess the IDOCs again & again.

shylesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

Iam not geting much help about serialization of Idocs how to implement that any better help available...?

And is this problem something to do with packet size defined for RBDAPP01...?

Thanks,

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larry,

I have not tried Serialization myself, but I know that it used to maintain the sequence of the IDOCS.

However, in your case, if you can set the packet size to 1, that might help as the IDOC will get processed immediately as it arrives.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the documentation of the program RBDAPP01 which I am sure you might have read. Packet size has a role to play in it, but locking issues are typically due to parallel processing. Also, it could be the time of the day. Say you run this when there is lot of activity, online or background that also has something to do with the material/plant/batch etc. In that case, even if you have your IDocs serialized, you will still be facing the same issue as now the locks are created by other processes.

<i>

Short text

Inbound Processing of IDocs Ready for Transfer

Description

Report for processing inbound IDocs not passed to the application immediately.

This report forwards all IDocs with:

Status 64 "ready to be passed to application"

Status 66 "IDoc is waiting for predecessor IDoc (serialization)

These match the selection criteria to be passed to the application for further processing.

Essentially there are two groups of IDocs:

IDocs to be serialized in accordance with the associated object.

All other IDocs

There are also two types of processing:

Serial processing (IDocs are processed one after each other in one process)

Parallel processing (IDocs are passed in packets to other processes for processing).

Purpose of parameter 'Packet size': For IDocs to be serialized by object and for activated parallel processing, this parameter specifies the size of a packet to be processed in a task. If applicable, independent objects are processed in a separate task as with serial processing. (Large packet sizes lowers the level of parallel processing).

For all other IDocs, as far as possible, an appropriately sized document is passed to the application. On the one hand, this supports some applications capable of mass processing. On the other hand, the number of parallel packets is less as with activated parallel processing. (Lower system load, longer runtime).

Notes on Program Terminations in Parallel Processing

In parallel processing, processes containing the IDocs to be processed are started in parallel. If there is a termination (dump/ A message), no message is issued by RBDAPP01. The best way to identify such problems is to run RBDAPP01 without parellel mode after a scheduled RBDAPP01 with parallel mode. Then a termination is logged (dialog message or message in job log).

Output

The processed IDocs are output.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use RBDMANIN to schedule another job to frequently look for IDocs with 51 status and process them automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Larry,

See if you can serialize the idocs. Look at this link for activating the Serialization.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f8/42d1b5cfa711d6b2ba00508b5d5c51/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ravi