cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* user deleted from DB level but shows user locked in SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have deleted SAP* user from db level for client 000 since the password was lost.

we have used foll sql statement:

delete from SAPPDC.USR02 where mandt=000 and bname='SAP*';

commit;

It gave us one row deleted. We verified from the DB and that row is deleted.

However, now when we are trying to login via sagui in client 000 with SAP* and passwd as 'pass' it gives user id locked error.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> It gave us one row deleted. We verified from the DB and that row is deleted.

> However, now when we are trying to login via sagui in client 000 with SAP* and passwd as 'pass' it

Please not that pssword is PASS and not pass.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

We have tried with that password too! It is giving user id locked error message.

regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

may be it got locked again.

so delete it once again. and set your profile parameter at os level restart sap.

and try with password PASS.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The issue is almost soved!

The user sap* gettting locked again it not possible since there is no entry in USR02 table for sap* for client 000. (The user was deleted).

However, after deletion there has been no SAP restart. Since this table is a buffered table, SAP reads old values from the buffer. Hence a SAP restart would be required for the buffer to be refreshed.

Now am waiting for downtime for that server. I will check once we can restart SAP and I will update once it is done.

Thanks All..

Regards,

Anup Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The issue was resolved after taking a SAP restart. The buffered got refreshed.

Thank you all for your help!

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes after deleting SAP* from table usr02, password is "pass"

Then you have to recreate SAP* and DDIC incase you deleted DDIC too.

Regards,

Gokul Chandola

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link may help you.

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can try to edit profile parameter in files from OS level.

And then may be activate this profile parameters from sap level.

I guess it should work.

Regards,

Ganesh

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To prevent a login of the SAP* after a deletion, the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar can be utilized.With a parameter setting to 0 the login is possible.Any value higher than 0, prevents a login after the deletion.

So change the value of the parameter will solve your issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is already set to value '0'. I can see that from tx.RZ11. Still the problem persists.

We cannot take a restart now since this is a production server. Is there any other solution??

Please help!

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> It is already set to value '0'. I can see that from tx.RZ11. Still the problem persists.

Set the parameter value to 1

With a parameter setting to 0 the login is possible.Any value higher than 0, prevents a login after the deletion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to login as sap* user. hence the parameter value should be set to 0 as is in this case. I think a restart of SAP would be required?

Regards,

Anup

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We want to login as sap* user. hence the parameter value should be set to 0 as is in this case. I think a restart of SAP would be required?

Hi Anup,

I thought that you don't want this user from your very first post.Apologies for my previous posting .

Yes after setting the parameter give a restart of the system.Then use password PASS for user sap*

The standard password for this user directly after the installation is 06071992.The standard password after deletion is PASS.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, a SAP restart is required to enable this parameter.